cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade error

Warey
Hooked

Upgrade error

I’m out of contract and currently paying £55.00 per month for broadband and telephone calls. I cannot upgrade online because there is an error on my account, I get the following message; “please wait until we’ve finished upgrading your phone service before making another changes”, it’s been saying this for months.
I’ve tried sorting this out via an online chat with an agent, who didn’t know what to do and told me to phone customer services. I’ve tried customer services twice after work but haven’t been able to get through before they shutdown for the day.
Can anyone advise another course of action I could take before switching providers?

Cheers
36 REPLIES 36
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Upgrade error

@Warey You will need a staff member to sort this - the (supposedly) automatic method of clearing this message on completion of account changes is totally broken.

But note it will be early next week, as Help Team activity on the forum is very patchy at weekends/holiday time.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Warey 

Ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. This number is normally answered quite quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kennethmcleod
Dabbler

I'm the same, I can't change or add anything, got it sorted once back as soon as renewed my contract a few months back its been stuck showing the same, although it would be easier to add what I want to add, but guess I have to phone up on Tuesday, but it does need sorting Plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @Warey,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had issues with this.

I've updated your account, so should no longer show an error.

Let me know if there are any further problems.

Hi @kennethmcleod,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had issues with this as well. This one's a little trickier to fix as there's a stuck order in the supplier systems, which is preventing us from fully updating your account.

I've raised to the relevant team and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Warey
Hooked

Error on my account is all sorted now thanks.

Just one more little query. I can now upgrade, but I only have one choice which is stay on my current terms with a download speed of 20mb. U-Switch shows "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra & Phone Line" deal for the same price except the download speed says 66mb. Can I upgrade the speed?

Cheers
jab1
Legend

Depends on whether you are in a fibre Priority Exchange area, or how far you are from the fibre cab. easiest way to get an answer on here is to post a screenshot of the result from here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL , hiding your telephone number.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Warey
Hooked

That came back with tons of info but I can't add attachments or screenshots for some reason, but I know there is a new fibre cabinet right outside the front of my house.
jab1
Legend

What device are you using to post on here - a desktop/laptop or phone/tablet? We really need to see the result before we can comment.

John
Warey
Hooked

Android phone. I should probably get my laptop out!
jab1
Legend

I don't know which browser you are using, but you should be able to 'select desktop site' which will give you the full options, or - and this possibly the best idea - use the laptop.

John
Warey
Hooked

Screenshot_20230501-230336~2.png

jab1
Legend

@Warey Thanks for that screenshot. From what it shows, I, personally wouldn't go for the Fibre Extra product as you are some distance from the fibre cab. Even if you have one outside, it does not appear to be the one that serves your property - check the number on the side.

If the price difference between Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited Fibre Extra is small, I suppose you could ring Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 and ask if they are prepared to upgrade you, but looking at the last 'observed speeds', I suspect you would be in the low band on that product anyway.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Warey 

My reading of these results is that you are not achieving the handback threshold, which suggests that you are not getting your contracted minimum guaranteed speed. I would report a speed fault. If you get this resolved you may well get some advantage to upgrading to fibre extra.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'