cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add the BT Sport App onto your account.

FIXED
btunable

Unable to add the BT Sport App onto your account.

I was a happy youtv subscriber mainly for bt sports, so after plusnet stopped the service i expected to easily add the bt sports app to my account.

But when logged in to my account & when trying to add the bt sport app I always get the same message.

Unfortunately we are unable to add the BT Sport App onto your account.

Please call on 0800 073 1120 and we will look into this for you.

I first called 0800 073 1120 about 4 weeks ago & the representative said that plusnet were aware of this problem that was preventing old youtv customers from adding the bt sport app to their account & they were working on a fix.

So since that call I have been regularly trying to add bt sport app, expecting a fix, but still getting the same message.

I called the same number again yesterday only to be told the same reason as 4 weeks back that plusnet were aware of the problem & still working on a fix.

Why is it taking so long for plusnet to fix this conflict between youtv & the btsport app?

Has anybody else out there had this issue or is able to advise on how to resolve?

Many Thanks

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
jtr
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Unable to add the BT Sport App onto your account.

Hi @btunable  I had the same problem as you and @Gandalf  fixed it for me. Hopefully a staff member will pick it up here and sort it for you. Regards Jim

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unable to add the BT Sport App onto your account.

Fix

Thanks for your post @btunable and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see the issues you've had trying to add BT Sport.

I've just scheduled for the TV aspect of your account to be removed now which you may have received an email about.

Once this has gone through tomorrow, can you try adding the BT Sport App through the Add-Ons tab of your account?

Let me know how it goes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet