Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Open Ticket

FIXED
OhItsTom
Dabbler

Unable To Open Ticket

Hello,

I've noticed our broadband speeds have once again dropped to around 26mb which is simply unacceptable. I tried to open a ticket to request a DLM reset however its saying they are unavailable.

Trying to go the broadband section of my plusnet portal shows me a quick message saying im restricted. Can someone assist me A with my account, and B with my fibre. 

Thank youimage.pngimage.png

Tags (4)
15 REPLIES 15
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Unable To Open Ticket

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your speeds again @OhItsTom

Tests on the line show that this isn't a banding issue though. Don't get me wrong, the line is banded at 30Mbps (RRT) but it's only syncing at around 27Mbps, meaning there's likely a fault with the line.

We've also not been able to run a phone line test, which is a likely symptom of a fault, so I've raised this issue to Openreach. No need to create any tickets on your end either, I've just created one for our Technical Support Team to monitor.

You can both view and comment on it for direct communication with them here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
OhItsTom
Dabbler

Thanks for opening a ticket about my fibre issues, but could you advise me on why my account is restricted?

Also why is my line banded at 30, when i've previously had 37-40 speeds? This is all very weird

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your response @OhItsTom

C an you please clarify what you mean when you ay your account is restricted? For some time now, the only way to raise a Ticket on your account from your end would be if it was a complaint, or if you've gone onto faults.plus.net and raised a fault that way.

In regards to the banding issue, this isn't something we control ourselves, if Openreach's DLM software detects line issues, it sometimes bands the line to preserve stability.

Adam
OhItsTom
Dabbler

If you look at the first image i attached in my original question, you can see that its telling me my account is restricted any time i try to enter the broadband section of my portal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @OhItsTom

Apologies for the confusion, at first glance it does look like the first screenshot is part of the second which may not have helped. I've checked your account and there's no restrictions from what I can see.

Can you try from a different device and in private browsing mode (incognito if you use Chrome)?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OhItsTom
Dabbler

I have tried with incognito, same problem.

Posted some extra screenshots to help, seems to redirect me to a 404 page.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the screenshot @OhItsTom

Absolutely odd, I'd like to take a closer look. Can I change your account password and log in as you? 

Let me know if you're happy for me to by replying to this ticket Here I've created. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OhItsTom
Dabbler

Will do, just answered the ticket, sorry for the late replies im super busy atm

Doesnt seem to be a problem limited to my network as using mobile data shows the same error

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, no problem Tom. 

Yeah I've replicated. Looks like it's a problem with every tab except Add-Ons and Home. :S 

Feel free to change the password back. Still none the wiser unfortunately. Sad

I've dropped an email to a colleague to see if they can shed some light on this and to find out who I can go to fix. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OhItsTom
Dabbler

Thanks for the help anyways, not really sure what caused this as i havent logged in in a couple weeks!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah it seems really odd o be honest @OhItsTom

The open Ticket that Anoush created has come off hold so I'm sure he'll be in touch today with a further update on that.

In regards to the phone fault, Openreach are asking us to arrange an internal engineer appointment. Please respond on this Ticket with your availability for a visit.

Adam
OhItsTom
Dabbler

Just answered about booking an appointment, was busy up until now so couldnt respond!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem Tom, it's all good. 

Upon further investigation for your speed fault, our tests are now showing the banding at "Downstream: 0.128M-27.4M with Retransmission (High). Upstream: 0.128M-10M with no error protection" so I've arranged for your line to be reset.

This should go through within the next 3 working days. If your speed drops again, I'd recommend we book an engineer to take a closer look, but at this stage as everything else is checking out OK on your line, I'll reset it for you. 

For your account issue however though, I've not got a response back yet from my colleague I've raised this to. I'll be honest as always when I say this likely won't be a quick fix due to the nature of the issue, but I'm monitoring.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OhItsTom
Dabbler

Thats awesome thank you so much, i did originally think it wasnt a physical issue due to the countless previous engineer visits so im glad we arent continuing down that path.

I will continue to monitor the tickets and my speeds, thanks so much for the help from you and others in the forum.