Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Plusnet to Jhon Lewis

FIXED
Jaco

Switching from Plusnet to Jhon Lewis

Hello everyone,

Since my contract is due to end on the 27th of September I want to switch to Jhon Lewis and of course I don't want to be billed twice.

I was wondering if signing with John Lewis today (03/09) is enough to get the switch sorted (so plusnet will stop to charge me) once the contract ends on the 27th or if I have to wait until my contract with plusnet is ended and then switch to Jhon Lewis.

Also since Jhon Lewis uses Plusnet as provider can I keep my router or I need a new one (included engineer visit) ?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Switching from Plusnet to Jhon Lewis

Fix

Thanks for your post @Jaco and welcome to our Community Forums.

We'll stop charging you when your transfer to John Lewis completes, and make sure we refund anything you may have paid to us in advance after we've stopped providing a service. If you're in contract when the switch happens, you'll get an early termination fee so it may be worth waiting until around 14 days before your contract end date.

You can't use our router with John Lewis sadly as it's locked down but you should get a new router as part of the order.  

Let us know though if there's anything we can do to keep you with us. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jaco

Thank you for your answer!

So I can switch provider 14 days before my contract ends without incurring in an exit fee.

Thank you for your support Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @Jaco, aye that's right. Let me know if you've got further queries Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet