Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to ee fttp

FIXED
Charlie_580

Switch to ee fttp

Hi
I've seen a couple of posts on the forum that mention cancellation fees being waived if moving to ee fttp. Is this the case and if so, how do I go about it?

Thanks
24 REPLIES 24
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Switch to ee fttp

@Charlie_580 

You should be able to move to BT or EE FTTP free of cancellation charges if you can't wait for PlusNet FTTP later this year.

You need to contact the PlusNet Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (I think) to ensure they have a note to waive charges. They put you through to BT or EE I believe for you to place your order.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Charlie_580 

You must arrange it by ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Charlie_580

Hi thanks for the reply.

Is there a date for plusnet fttp availability? I'd be happy to wait if it's definitely happening soon.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Charlie_580 

No date - they've missed 3 unofficial dates so far. Latest is second half of this year.

I suspect they're having problems with their back office systems without which they can't do FTTP. The current system works off your telephone number which ties them back to your phone line. With FTTP there may be no phone number or phone line to use.

Brian

Charlie_580

I'll wait then. Hopefully they get sorted.

Thanks again
Klunky_Colin

If it's the same as my move to BT, you will still have to pay the early termination fee, but then BT credit your account with the same amount, which means you might not have to pay anything to BT for the first few months. So you do have to fork out the cancellation fee up front.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Klunky_Colin You are incorrect in this situation. Transfers to BT/EE are termination-fee free, so long as the correct procedure is followed.

John
Klunky_Colin

Thanks for the correction @jab1 . I transfer to BT for FTTP tomorrow (I got sick of waiting for Plusnet to support FTTP).  I reported what I was told by customer services when I signed-up with BT.  I'll report back what happens regarding the early termination fee.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

You were wrongly advised, @Klunky_Colin  - but I will leave it until you report back.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Our Customer Options Team usually place a marker on the account, allowing it to be taken over within the next 30 days with no ETC's. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Christopher6503

I'm more or less in the same boat as you. I renewed my contract this morning for another 18 months, so Plusnet have till next September to provide pricing information ect about FTTP, as the cable infrastructure will probably be in place at this address by then. 

rubix1942
Dabbler

I've not had the speeds promised for weeks and they told me i'd have to pay £200 to switch to someone else.

Klunky_Colin

After quite a delay from Open Reach to get my FTTP sorted out, I can tell you the billing situation:  I have to pay the ETC myself and then send the proof to the BT switching team who will then credit my account.

Plusnet have said that if it had been them who had recommended I switch, eg. because someone else could offer something that Plusnet could not (eg. FTTP), then Plusnet would have waived the ETC.  But because I chose to switch without their suggestion, then as far as Plusnet is concerned, I have to pay the ETC.  BT will cover up to £300 ETC.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'