Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal costs, could be bye bye

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Renewal costs, could be bye bye

Hi,

A flyer just came through  my door from talk talk offering me 67mbps fibre and unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines for £25 a month. Not had my renewal email from plusnet yet and the contract expires on the 9th August. Can they price match this offer? Let me know ASAP by email please,

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi Chris, I'm afraid we can't make you an offer via email or on our Community Forums.

I recognise you've not had your end of contract reminder yet, however as per my previous response you'll receive this within the last 40 days of your contract, so there's still time. If you'd prefer to discuss our offers before then, all I can suggest is to call our Customer Options Team back on 0800 013 2632

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi,

Contract renewal arrived today and I've agreed to a new 24 month contract but removed the anytime calls, they are going to send me a new router as mine is failing, must remember to save the settings. The price is comparable with others but the customer service through this forum is good, thanks gandalf, let's hope it doesn't go wrong,

Chris

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

As I will no longer have anytime calls do I have to pay for all landlines calls now? Fed up with ploughing through the website

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Chrisvesey In answer to your question above - yes. An option which I use though, is to make all chargeable calls via my mobile. Is this an option for you? I get free 01,02 and 03 national calls included with my monthly contract.

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Chrisvesey 

Without a call plan not only will you have to pay for your calls, but they'll cost you two arms and a leg.

You could always dip one of your remaining toes into VoIP for very cheap calls.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Chrisvesey

All of the relevant information for how we charge for calls can be found here

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi,

Sorted ( hopefully) spoke to a very nice lady who initially couldn't work out what the first chap had done but eventually we decided that I would have the anytime calls reinstated. She promised me a confirming email which hasn't arrived yet  but time will tell,

Chris

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi,

Phoned AGAIN as the email had not arrived, email had not been sent, now sorted and new router organised,  seems that the first person I spoke to had not ordered the router despite telling me it would arrive within 3 days. I can't  believe how many phone calls I've had to make and how many mistakes have been made, a few months ago they suddenly started charging me an extra 20 quid a month then had to refund it. I did phone talk talk to see if their 25 quid was genuine, that was an experience, I gave him my phone number at least 8 times but he kept reading it back wrong, I said I just wanted to check the offer but he ignored that and asked for my postcode then said he couldn't find my account, because I didn't have one, he ignored anything I asked so I gave up, why is it so hard?

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Oh god, spoke too soon, just received an email confirming that my contract is being renewed but not the anytime calls, I've  had  enough, will somebody please phone me to say that the anytime calls.s is back on because I am NOT prepared to phone anymore,

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chris, I'm really sorry for the issues you've had and the confusion.

I can see you were emailed the details as per the service notice we've logged on your account Here although I can see we've since resent the email and you've confirmed you've received it. 

With regards to your call plan, I've added some detail about this on your account Here which I hope helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hopefully all sorted out thanks to Gandalf who arranged for me to get a phone call from a chap who sorted it out on the phone, should be OK for another two years. If Gandalf leaves I think I would leave as well, virgin was very tempting. Plusnet no longer do tv and no longer  include evening and weekend calls in the basic package so let's hope its not a downward spiral,

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back Chris, no problem at all and thanks for the kind words. Smiley

Sorry again for the poor experience you've had. Fingers crossed it's all plain sailing from here on. 

Let me know if there are further issues though or anything else you'd need help with. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet