cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund outstanding

RG1

Refund outstanding

I left Plusnet back in July and was told I'd receive a partial refund for the incomplete month.

I received an email at the beginning of August asking for the bank account details that I would like my refund to be issued to, and this stated that I would receive a refund within 5 working days. I completed the link but have not received the refund (it has been more than 2 weeks since completion).

I've tried to call customer services but my number is no longer recognised. To add, I am still able to log into my Plusnet account online and this shows my account as being in credit for the amount to be refunded, but there is no option to contact anyone. How can I have this resolved please?
10 REPLIES 10
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Refund outstanding

This sounds rather odd. I may be wrong but as I understood it refunds are normally paid into the bank account from which your direct debits were taken. This is why customers should not stop their direct debit authority when closing their ISP account. This may be the reason for the delay. Suggest you phone customer services 0800 432 0200 and have your username and password to hand. Long delay is likely but that goes for most ISP 'help'lines ...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi there,

I've raised this to our billing team to investigate and see if we can send you a cheque instead.

As soon as we know more, we'll let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RG1

Hi, thank you for your response. To add, I've moved from the property that I had my Plusnet service at. If the cheque option is to be possible please let me know how I could provide my new address.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Could you add a reply onto the support ticket Here with your new address?

That should then be seen by our billing team when they pick it up. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RG1,

I've checked the ticket and while you haven't yet replied to it I can see one of my colleagues in our billing team has updated the ticket to suggest we've sent the refund so we'd need to see a copy of your bank statement to investigate further.

Would you be able to attach that to the ticket Here? Let me know afterwards and I'll pass it back to the billing team. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RG1

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've updated the ticket with a copy of my transactions.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @RG1,

Thanks for getting back to us. I've reviewed the ticket in question now and logged a further response. Please have a read of this and let us know once you've done so Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RG1

Hi @TheMightyAJ 

I've attached a new document to the ticket.

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @RG1, I've passed the ticket back to our billing team to investigate further.

Once we know more we'll be in touch within 3 to 5 working days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there, just to follow up. I can see we've issued you with a cheque refund today which you should receive by post within the next 10 working days. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet