Did you mean: 

Refund Following Cancellation

FIXED
edwetamas
Hooked

Refund Following Cancellation

Plusnet Username: [Removed]

Hello there,

On 07/10/2021 I placed an order for Unlimited Fibre Extra and paid £24.99.

On 25/10/2021 I was informed that the order cannot be fulfilled (due to technical problems) and I chose to cancel it and receive a full refund, as mentioned in Ticket 219084819: "This is to confirm I have now arranged for your initial fee of £24.99 be refunded and for your order to be cancelled."

However, I still have not received this amount. Whenever I call Customer Support, I am being told various things, such as:

• you will receive the refund in 10 working days
  • you have to wait for the final bill to be generated
  • the amount will be refunded within 20 working days

Therefore, could someone please advise me when exactly will I receive the refund?

Thank you for your time.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Refund Following Cancellation

Hi @edwetamas, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're still awaiting the refund for your recently closed account. I've looked into your account in regards to what will happen from here and although I can#'t confirm my findings on here, I've updated a ticket on your account with the information that can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=219500540

I hope this helps.

edwetamas
Hooked

Hi BD,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have read the information that you included in that ticket and I understand - I will wait a few more days and see how this goes.

Thank you for looking into this.

Edit / Update

@BDRight after posting my reply, I received an e-mail saying that the latest bill is ready and the 'outstanding balance' is -£12.67. However, I cannot see how is this related to the fact that the order was not fulfilled and I am supposed to receive the full refund of £24.99.

edwetamas
Hooked

@BD: I have just received the £12.67 refund that I mentioned above.

But I do not understand where is the £12.32 difference. Because the order has not been fulfilled, I would normally expect and was also told that a full refund of £24.99 will be made. Therefore, I am still waiting to receive the difference.

P.S. When I access the link that you provided - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=219500540 - I get the following message:

Sorry, but something isn't right
There was a problem with your question. Please check and try again
There was an error
We were unable to access your ticket information.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @edwetamas

I'm sorry to see you haven't received a refund of your full initial fee. 

Try this instead https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219500540 as it looks like BD provided the wrong link. Smiley

From what I can see we've pro-rata'd the refund in your final bill as your phone line went live even though your broadband didn't. As we couldn't fulfil your fibre order, I've arranged for the remainder to be sent but this will be by cheque as we can't manually send a refund to your bank once an account's been closed due to system limitations.

I've escalated to our billing team and I'll update the ticket when we've processed the request. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
edwetamas
Hooked

Thank you very much for your reply and account messages, Gandalf.

The link that you provided above worked as expected, and thank you for the clarifications.

I would like to confirm that the cheque that you mentioned about has arrived yesterday and everything seems to be good (apart from my inexistent fibre broadband).

Thank you once again for your help and I wish you all the best.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @edwetamas, thanks for getting back to us with an update. I am pleased the cheque has been received!

Just get back to us should you have any further queries at all!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team