cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracting - when does new contract start from?

FIXED
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Recontracting - when does new contract start from?

I'm currently 10 months into a 12 month contract: free ADSL broadband, LRS.

I've just had an 'end of contract' email offering £3 a month broadband.

If I accept this offer before 3 December to avoid the price increases that come in that day, does my new contract start straight away (meaning I pay £3 a month instead of nothing for the last month and a bit of my current contract) or does it start in January when my current 12 month contract finishes?

Do I need to pay for LRS for the next year before 3 December to avoid the price increase, or is the price fixed for me at current rate if I recontract?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Recontracting - when does new contract start from?

Fix

Hi @Phil_Cleary A new contract term should start on the next billing date, so if you renew a month or so early we’ll write off the remainder of the previous contract in favour of the new one. 

If you recontract before the 3rd and don’t pay line rental saver before then, I believe you’ll pay £18.99 for line rental when your line rental saver runs out however if you want to renew LRS after the 3rd it’d be at the new rate of £209.88.

If you want to take advantage of the offer we’ve made and keep line rental saver at the current rate of £197.88 I’d recommend renewing LRS first before putting the recontract through because while a contract renewal is pending for the next billing date you won’t be able to renew LRS.

When you renew LRS this will always start when the previous one ends so you won’t be at a disadvantage if you renew LRS early.

Hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Thanks Anoush, especially for advice about sequencing.
I'll go for that rather than faff around changing ISP this year!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

No problem @Phil_Cleary Sounds like a plan. Cool_smiley Let me know if there are any issues or you need advice on anything else. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet