Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CPI Increase appears wrongly applied

FIXED
Krem
Grafter

Sorry to snipe this tread but my CPI increase has also been incorrectly done; I paid £26.99 for my package and was told via email in february the increases were Unlimited Fibre Broadband: £0.54  and Line Rental: £1.97 - which takes it to £29.50. 

According to the front page of the account dashboard it now reads £30.54 in total, either I was emailed the wrong information or something has gone wrong here

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread for better visibility and to help staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hiya @Krem, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry for the concern caused with your account billing and would like to help with this for you. 

I have taken a look at this and have provided a further response here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223274630

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Krem
Grafter

thanks for the update, it's been corrected Smiley

I'll keep an eye out for the bill after next just to be sure and let you know if anything happens.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, I also see an error with revised package price on my dashboard.  (Also, the contract end date is also wrong, quoting October 2019 which I understand is a known problem....)

Instead of 9.3% rise as quoted in email from Plusnet in February, the increase is more like 14.7% if the dashboard is correct....

It seems to look like the discounts applied to my package, have not increased in line with 9.3% rise?

I will wait to see whether this error appears in my next bill, due at end of the month.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Krem
Grafter

Just a follow up: I've noticed despite the corrections being made, I noticed my next bill is £31 (emailed to me on the 18th). To confuse matters more the account page is stating the correct package price of £29.50.

Something has gone wrong somewhere again, I know that you can't stop the charge for this month, but can you tell me why this is happening and fix it, I'd hate to need to come back each month to sort this.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch again @Krem, I've just sent you a further email to follow on from what @LaurenB has already said. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

2022 Billing increases

Users have found the first bill following the price changes on 31st March 2022 odd because the brief summary presented at the top of the bill is just that - a summary. It does not reflect the important details of each line as fully described on subsequent pages. The first bill after the price rise, has for each chargeable item and their associated discounts...

1. A refund for the charges already paid on the previous bill (at the old rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  2. A re-charge in arrears (at the new rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  3. The charge at the new rate for the following month (charged in advance)

Consequently comparing this months bill with last months bill can create the impression that it has gone up more than the expected 9.3%. It is also possible that the annual prise rise is coincident with the end of the discounted minimum term, making the increase appear much larger.

Note: In some cases there is a known error on the first bill run which has omitted to adjust applicable discounts.

Price rises tend to give rise to users reviewing their account - some have found that their minimum term end date on their contract appears to be wrong, or inconsistent depending on which browser or environment they use to access the information. The one which looks sensible is probably the correct one. This issue is under investigation; if you need to confirm the details, please contact COTS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.