cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet can't find my postcode

Bolanboogie

Plusnet can't find my postcode

When I moved into a new build flat, it was still using the local postcode. That's when I first signed up to Plusnet (approximately 5 - 6 years ago). Then this property got its own postcode assigned. The new postcode shows on practically all websites including the Post Office's own postcode checker.

However, the old postcode is the only one that shows when PN searches on their database and they say they can't update it or my address registered to my billing account.

I have talked to them on numerous occasions and each time they say they have escalated it to a special department who deals with these things and that department will be in touch. However no one ever does update their records I'll get back in touch. The last time I spoke to them about this issue was approx 6ish months ago.

There are many reasons why I want PN to update their database to the new postcode to match my new current one. Please can somebody help address this issue? I would be most grateful.
Thanks
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet can't find my postcode

Hi @Bolanboogie I've just send you a PM asking for some details. 

Please drop me a reply and an update on this post when you can and I'll get that looked into for you. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

It is very likely that the issue relates to BT Openreach’s assets database records. Your line most likely will be registered against the original postcode. Getting that updated will probably require a deal of background work (ORDI requests) with BTOR before the billing details can be changed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bolanboogie

Townman. openreach.com/fibre-checker and the royal mail postcode checker both have no problem showing the exact place.
As Adam has said about, he is looking into it. Not saying don't post. Just saying, it's all very strange to me.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Indeed - there is a difference between what those services show NOW and the information which is associated with your current asset.  Premises which I used to occupy had been known for decades by its current name ... but within BTOR's assets database, the lines still had the property's original name ... giving rise to no end of issues with service identification and indeed BT engineer attendance.

I'm sure that Adam will find a solution ... though I doubt that it will be as simple as one might anticipate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.