cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' vs 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'

jheenan
Grafter

'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' vs 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'

I'm currently on a fairly old product called 'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' - an 80/20 service that's not being available to new customers for quite a long time.

As part of trying to recontract (to get a discount!) I think I'm likely to be switched to the 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'. Pricing seems the same, but are there differences in the product/extras I should be aware of? I'm otherwise very happy with my connection and static ip... I presume there must be some difference otherwise plusnet wouldn't have made it a separate package!

10 REPLIES 10
Sparxeh
Dabbler

Re: 'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' vs 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'

The only difference is the speed profiles on each - Fibre is 40/10 and Fibre Extra is 80/20.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Sparxeh  you are referring to the current products, the OP  is currently on a legacy product called 'PlusNet unlimited fibre'

@jheenan AFAIK there's no difference in the actual provisioned BT product profile between your current PlusNet Unlimited Fibre and the current Unlimited Fibre Extra. The current product doesn't have some of the extras like webspace that used to be available BUT as an existing customer you should keep those extras when changing products.

Hopefully one of the Help team will be along to confirm...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sparxeh
Dabbler

@MisterW yeah that was his question wasn't it? He was asking what the difference is with the 2 current products Plusnet offer lol

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Sparxeh  No, as I understood it @jheenan  was asking if there were any differences between the legacy 'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' and the current 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jheenan
Grafter

Thanks @MisterW - you're absolutely right, it's the difference between the legacy 80/20 and current 80/20 product I'm interested in. Great to know there's no major difference that should affect me, hopefully one of the Plusnet team will be along to confirm Smiley 

BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Speaking from experience l had unlimited fibre which in my area gave me a steady 37/10.
I briefly changed to unlimited fibre extra at that time difference in cost about £5 PM but it was unstable and it tended to vary between 40 and 57 download and 16 upload.
But after a few days l got fed up with its stability and difference in cost so l changed back the unlimited fibre which is stable and happy.
Hope this helps.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@BERTJ  No it doesn't help actually, it is totally irrelevant. The OP is on a legacy 80/20 product called PlusNet Unlimited Fibre and wants to recontract to Unlimited fibre extra so is presumably getting speeds well above 40Mbps, which is the current unlimited fibre product maximum speed.

BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry you feel that way cannot please everyone.
It's all down in the end to how good your areas broadband is mine suits unlimited fibre.
jheenan
Grafter

To be clear, I'm already on 80/20.

I'm on a legacy 80/20 product called "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre". This is NOT the same thing as the "Unlimited Fibre" 40 mbps product several posters are talking about. I have no idea why Plusnet gave it such a confusing name.