Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please raise an ORDI(Openreach Data Integrity) request

FIXED
JuliaCh
Dabbler

Please raise an ORDI(Openreach Data Integrity) request

OpenReach don't recognise my address as having Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) support which I clearly have as you are providing me with an 'Unlimited Fibre - 38-40Mpbs' which is working as expected - Thankyou.

OpenReach have advised me that the way to fix this is for me to request that you to raise an ORDI request to correct the data held by Open Reach.

Please consider yourself so requested.

Rgs

Simon

19 REPLIES 19
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Please raise an ORDI(Openreach Data Integrity) request

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@JuliaCh 

If it's not on the Openreach database how did it get connected in the first place? Have you checked on here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Are you sure that it's not a database problem but simply that your FTTC cabinet is full, so VDSL is showing as currently not available?

P.S. This is a community forum that is supported by Plusnet staffers when available. Consequently, there is no guarantee that Plusnet will action statements on this forum such as 'Please consider yourself so requested'. As Plusnet are already providing a service then why is this their problem? To guarantee a response it might be better if you contact Plusnet on 0800 432 0200.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JuliaCh
Dabbler

What I know is

1 - Its a nightmare finding support for an unusual situation - Please provide details of who will/can answer

2 - I raised the issue with OpenReach, they said to ask supplier to raise ORDI.

3 - I don't undertsand the table and it doesn't explicitly state what is supplied to my address - Thats why I need support!!!

4 - I have FTTC unless you know of another way to supply ~ 40 Mbps

5- Only BT/PLUSNET say they can provide service.. Whislt I appreciate this may suit you, I would like the option to use other suppliers.

6 - This is not a billing issues, It is a data integrity issue.

Baldrick1

@JuliaCh 

If you can obscure your personal data such as your phone number and post the ADSL checker results here we can interpret it for you. If you need halp with doing this then please ask.

You say this is a data integrity issue but this will be met with scepticism without the above data. To be honest because you already have a FTTC service, the claim that the database is incorrect is very strange. The fact that you might want to go elsewhere is hardly an incentive for Plusnet or BT to investigate without more evidence that there is a problem with the database.

Moderator and Customer

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

I'm sure @Baldrick1 will come back and answer, but:

(1) As stated this is a Community forum - experienced Community members try to help, and maybe give answers, thus relieving the pressure on the Help team.

(2) If you already have a service, your data on the system must have been correct at the time the service was ordered. Asking for the ORDI request is reasonable, but why it has suddenly changed is unusual.

(3) If you post a screen shot of the table - hiding your phone number - we can explain it.

(5) If you have a BT phone line, any provider who uses the BT infrastructure should be able to supply you - I suspect you may have misunderstood this part of the conversation.

(6) It is an account-related issue, so on the correct board.

@Baldrick1 answered quicker than me.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@JuliaCh 

Using the Checker already mentioned try the Address version.

Enter your Post Code only and see if your address appears on the Drop Down list.

Brian

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@JuliaCh 

I had a similar issue when I moved to a rented property, the village was incorrect in the address,  plusnet sorted out the issue.

Here are a couple of examples to help those commenting

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/ORDI-Open-Reach-Data-Integrity-issue/td-p/2155122 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Openreach-have-incorrect-postcode-for-my-address/m-p/179947... 

Something is wrong with the data for the address, both required a task to correct the data base by the current ISP, like most instances like this @Gandalf name comes up for plusnet

Dan.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Baldrick1 

I doubt that the results of the checker has any bearing here.  We have seen this before but the other way around - Plusnet try to take over a live line and find the database details to be flawed.  Only the current line owner can raise an ORDI request to fix those errors.

Therefore if there is indeed something amiss here, then it is a task for Plusnet to address.  The fact that FTTC is available, is working is no assurance that BTw / BTOR has their records in order.  We see it time and again - BTw / BTOR business systems are fowled up (as in male hen) but they cannot sort it  out themselves, they need to get their customers to do the job for them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1

@Townman 

I stand corrected.  Is it possible for the 'victim' to confirm that the details are correct or otherwise by using the address checking option?

Moderator and Customer

JuliaCh
Dabbler

Thankyou, a few of the comments contain useful tips and concede there may be an issue. Following your advice

1 - When I use the Address Checker (Full details), it doesn't recognise my address.

2 - When I use the Address Checker (Postcode and picklist), its says "Recognise address but cannot determine ADSL availability" (see attached). Looks like a sympton that could explain what I'm seeing elsewhere.

3 - When I use the Phone number checker I get a table of stuff, and comparing with a neighbours number it does seem to recognise VDSL (see attached).

4 - Any clues as to how I find out my Access Lind ID or UPRN (There not on my bill) and I can do a check on that as well though probably give same result as number and not needed.

5 - Not that its relevant to a support request, but FI, I don't want to move from Plusnet, I've only just joined them because Vodafone, Shell etc didn't recognise my address as supporting VDSL (I think thats the reason). I will stick with Plusnet for now, but want to know the same problem won't occur in 18mths.

Soooo on the face of it my issue is confirmed and demonstrable in point 2 above (see supporting attachment). How do I get point 2 addressed?

Rgs
Simon

JuliaCh
Dabbler

It would appear only 1 attachment 'worked'. Here is the other I refered to.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

For point [4] try this - UPRN search, address & postcode finder - FindMyAddress

You will need to wait for a staffer to respond to raise the ORDI request.  At least this issue is not impeding a live order!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JuliaCh
Dabbler

Ta. If there is an address/Phone number mismatch it would all depend on the level of checking by prospective suppliers and the smart ones probably do both to confirm a legitimate request. In this data centric world, no doubt lots of never to be looked at error messages exist that could have resolved this without me even knowing about it.   I suspect the problem originated from a property name change (no number allocated) some years back.

Costing me a couple of £s per month, though TBF the HUB2 provided is very very good. Was able to retire previous suppliers modem (that I used as a bridge), mid house located Netgear Nighthawk and connecting Powerlines.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @JuliaCh, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that this has caused you and would like to help get this sorted for you. It does look like an ORDI will need to be raised as theirs an address mismatch between systems. 

Can you please pop me a PM over with the correct full address and I can get this raised for you Smiley

(to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team