cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please don’t cancel your DD so we can overcharge you and force you to try and get a refund ….

OldTrees
Dabbler

Please don’t cancel your DD so we can overcharge you and force you to try and get a refund ….

I have been an original PN subscriber with two accounts.  I am up for renewal and called PN for a better deal because of all the offers around and basically wasted a lot of time getting absolutely nowhere - just people telling me how great PN is and that my renewal price was great.  I shrugged and renewed online and a couple of days later started to receive meaty offers including from PN and thought loyalty means nothing time for me to go.  I took a BT offer.  This effectively cancelled my PN renewal well within the 14 day cooling off  period.  I received an email from PN saying I shouldn’t cancel the DD but they will be taking several hundred pounds.

PN like to make it squeeky easy to sign up and you can do it several ways but do not provide the  same ease when you simply wish to give notice without having a debate.  I telephoned PN CS stayed in the queue explained I was moving to BT and the move effectively being within the 14 day cooling off period carried no penalty except for the days used during any transfer period.  CS confirmed I’d not be charged and to ignore the email and today as “it would sort itself out” before they took the final payment but today I received confirmation letter that several hundred pounds would be taken when I move to BT.  The letter asked that I don’t cancel the DD making it nice and easy for PN to take what they want and leaving me to spend my time on the phon fighting PN to get my cash back. What could possibly go wrong?!

There’s no online chat, no email just lengthy waits when there is not the reassurance of anything in writing to back up promises.

If I cancel the DD I can’t see any reason why I should keep calling.  I’m not planning not to pay outstanding day but could do that by credit card.  

Any other options?

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Please don’t cancel your DD so we can overcharge you and force you to try and get a refund ….

Frankly you need to nail this firmly.  I recently encountered a case of £3 being owed on service termination ... something went wrong on the account, it could not be paid, the agent could not process the payment, wrote of the debt ... and it still went off to DRA.

There are still some gremlins in the billing system when plans change - the above was after a house move fell through!

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Please don’t cancel your DD so we can overcharge you and force you to try and get a refund ….

@OldTrees   billing goes in cycles, so depending on where you are, you may still get a bill before getting your final bill. Your final bill could there be a credit, if you cancel your DD too soon it will take longer, and be more hassle for you to get the refund.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

My reading of the cancellation policy is that you need to either ring or write to Plusnet within 14 days, not simply sign up to a new contract, change your mind and go elsewhere without informing Plusnet that you are cancelling.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

OldTrees
Dabbler

Thanks.

I’ve called again and have been reassured I can ignore the letter and that the final bill will be changed etc.  I’ll pay that bill by credit card once it hits my account rather than DD. That way no harm and no misunderstandings and no stress. 

Thanks all.