Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone order in progress but there isn't

FIXED
MisteryNT
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Phone order in progress but there isn't

I got an email showing me options for renewing my contract in December but when I click on the link I get the message "You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress". I've got a feeling this is something to do with when I was experimenting with call barring earlier in the year to prevent some unwanted phone calls getting through.

15 REPLIES 15
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Phone order in progress but there isn't

Hi @MisteryNT,

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this issue. If you give our Customer Options Team a call, they should be able to help you with the renewal options. You can reach the team directly by calling on 0800 013 2632 between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

Regarding the account issues, did the phone features you'd looked into adding ever take affect on your end of things?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MisteryNT
Hooked

Hi @TheMightyAJ ,

Thanks for your reply. I think the call barring worked as I was trying to bar nuisance calls which were coming from abroad and the calls did seem to stop when I barred calls from abroad. I then tried to bar outgoing calls (to stop the kids making random phone calls etc) and that didn't work. When I went back to try again I got the "phone order in progress" error and it wouldn't let me do anything so I gave up. I wasn't that bothered as I was just experimenting but did not anticipate it would cause any other problems.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming that @MisteryNT. When I was looking at the active phone features on your account earlier on, there was a message on the page that suggested a couple of features were awaiting activation and that this had now finished processing. I can't say for certain, but by accessing this tab, it may have kickstarted something that was stuck on the backend of the account. The phone features in question are completely free, so there's nothing to worry about if they do kick in on the next billing date. It might be worth having another look from your end of things, once your next bill's generated, to see if you receive the same message or not.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MisteryNT
Hooked

Thanks again @TheMightyAJ . I'll try that after my next billing date on the 18th and report back.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @MisteryNT, we look forward to hearing back from you Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tmcoxuk

Hi,

I'm having the same issue - my account has had the same message:

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed. Please try again later.

I've had this message ever since I joined for some reason (but never got around to dealing with it). This is stopping me renewing though. I don't have time to be on the phone (but can type during work). Can you reset it for me?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @tmcoxuk

This should be sorted now. Can you let me know if you can renew?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tmcoxuk

Yep all sorted.

Many thanks.

Tom

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation Tom.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisteryNT
Hooked

Well my billing date has passed and it still thinks there's a phone order in progress......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @MisteryNT

Upon further investigation the error is due to a couple of stuck call features on your account. I've sorted that for you now and I've manually placed an order to activate them in the supplier system which should go through within the next 24 hours. 

Once that's gone through you'll be able to use your new call barring service. Let us know if you have further issues. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smartypants
Dabbler

And clearly this is an ongoing issue because one of our business line has this problem too, not for the first time. 

MisteryNT
Hooked

All sorted now. Thanks guys for the very responsive customer service!!!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @smartypants, if you can pop us over a PM with the username of the account we can take a further look at this for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team