Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset issues

cossack101
Grafter

Password reset issues

Hi,

I have logged into the plusnet broadband section and reset my broadband account password. I have received a email to say that my account password has been reset,

I have needed to use the new password for plusnet relay mail as expected.

However, logging into the plusnet portal still requires my old password. If I go to reset the password again, this requires the new password as the current password.

What Am I doing wrong?

I called customer services but it is closed due to snow. Has it snowed today?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Password reset issues

Hi @cossack101, your default mailbox should have the same password as your account/member centre login. Are you trying to change the password on a secondary mailbox? As that would be done here: https://www.plus.net/manage_my_mail

Once logged in and on the 'Manage My Mail' section, if you select the mailboxes tab, you'll be able to change the passwords for non-default mailboxes by clicking the edit link.

I'm not sure why there would have been a message on the phone advising we were closed due to snow, but I'll send an email off to the relevant people to look in to why that was and investigate internally.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cossack101
Grafter

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I'm trying to change my main Plusnet broadband account login to prevent my bank details etc being compromised. I like to change it now and again.
However, I have changed the password but I still login using the old password. I can therefore still see account details so changing the password was pointless.
So I have password 1 and have changed to password 2.
Password 1 still logs into portal.
Password 2 is required to change the password again.
If I change to password 3, password 1 still logs me in.
Something is very broken.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the confusion.

If you've been trying to change the password after logging in to the member centre and it's not updating off the back of that, would you mind trying to reset it by going through the forgotten password tool here: http://plus.net/forgotpassword/ and let us know if that updates it as expected for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cossack101
Grafter

Hi, thanks for the link but it is equally as broken. After typing the corresponding code the page simply reloads without doing anything.

There was what seems to be exactly the same problem reported on the community in Thursday. They were asked to call customer service.

Maybe the new webpage design has borked my account.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that's not working. I've flagged this up with our incident team to investigate further.

I don't suppose you could link me to the other thread you're referring to please, I'm struggling to find it.

In the meantime I'd be happy to give you a call to change the password if you'd like, however if you'd prefer not to do this over the phone, as it currently stands I'm sorry to say you'd have to wait for now.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cossack101
Grafter

Hi Harry,
This is the other thread. Exactly the same problem as mine even the reset password link not working.
https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/cannot-change-Member-Centre-password/td-p/1599773

If you called me, would I give you my new password over the phone?

Many thanks

Greg
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

Unfortunately you would have to tell me the password over the phone for me to change this for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet