cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN migrate to BT Home Essentials (Social) to new a new a/c holder.

phily8571

PN migrate to BT Home Essentials (Social) to new a new a/c holder.

Hi,

Been with Plusnet for over 4yrs and had no issues at all and very much sad to leave. PN more or less forced my hand with the renewal.

The Plusnet account is in my name but the service is for my elderly parents (different house) who are not tech savvy hence the Plusnet service is in my name.

The PN contract runs out at start of April 23 and I have received an renewal offer  (which is great) however if I accept by 31st March, I get hit with the increase at of March. I did call PN and CS advise the renewal offer was only till end of 31st March. So I can't accept the offer in April to avoid the increase.

As my elderly parents receive Pension Credit (Guaranteed), I am looking at moving them to BT Home Essentials (£20/m), obviously this account will be in one of my parents name (account holder) and me being set up as the account manager, to allow me to manage the account for them.

Question:

1, I guess I cannot get PN to change my PN account holder name to one of my parents and for then PN to switch the account to BT Home Essentials (social). I believe I need to cancel the PN and reorder under a different name but then be lumbered with another 18m contract with PN.

2, If I do migrate to BT Essentials. do I need to inform PN (if I am within my 14 days).

3, PN is part of the BT Group. I believe they use the same h/w, (e.g. switch / port) at the exchange. Will the migration be simply a radius profile change (config to BT) or will it need a lift and shift to a different BT h/w port?

4, Is there any other simpler way? We don't mind staying with PN, but I am not prepared to renew, then a few weeks later get an price increase for a year then another price increase next April. (2x price increases in one 18m contract). As the renewal offer is only till 31st March.

5, Guessing the PN CE (hub1) does not work with BT?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: PN migrate to BT Home Essentials (Social) to new a new a/c holder.

@phily8571 

Be aware that you pay for broadband a month in advance, so if the contract finishes on the 23rd of April, the contract will be fully paid up on the 23rd March. Consequently there will be no cancellation charges to pay.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Apologies for hijacking this thread but my own PN contract ends on April 9th. I wish to renew again (had my offer made already by email) but like the original poster, I wanted to wait until after March 31st to accept this renewal offer (for the same reasons given of the 2 x price increases). 

My last payment is to be taken on or around the 17th of March. So, will my offer still be there if I wait until April begins? Seems a bit unfair if it closes by the end of March when my existing contract is still active until 9th April. 

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Hi @plusmouse 

You're fine to do this, renewal offers are valid until the contract end date so there's no problem renewing online on 1st April with the email offer Smiley

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
phily8571

Hi @csmith94 ,

Just wondering if you or any other staff members could give me a steer/provide some guidance on the answers to the questions.

One more thing, with your above reply saying the renewal offer is valid until the contract expires (your colleague advised its until end of March), what if I wanted a hub2 as well (currently got hub1). Do I call in, in April? As if PN was to honour the renewal offer after 31 March, I will choose to stay.

Thanks,

Phil

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

@csmith94 Thanks for that. 👍 I`ll probably be hit with the `April Rise` this year though. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @phily8571 You should get the option to get a Hub Two as part of recontracting anyway. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team