cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Laujanpoy95
Hooked

Overcharged

I recently terminated my contract with Plusnet before the contract ended, and within the correct cancellation period. I was assured I wouldn't be charged the increased rate after the contract ended, but I was charged £45.98 on 09/10 (previous username laujanpoy).

I left Plusnet to join Shell Energy as I already had Gas and Electricity with them. Unfortunately they couldn't provide the type of broadband I required so I came back to Plusnet. I chose unlimited fibre extra at £25.99 with line rental included, the same package as before. I was charged an the initial fee of £25.99 when I took out the package on 14/10. And today I've been charged an additional £15.60? I have no idea why...

So in the last month, Plusnet has taken £87.57 from my account. When I renewed my contract I was assured I'd receive the £45.98 back... But I haven't. And why have I been charged an additional £15.60 on top of the £25.99? It's money I really can't afford to lose at the moment...
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Overcharged

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Laujanpoy95
Hooked

Still waiting for a response... Don't really want to have to phone and be on hold for an hour... 😔
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hello @Laujanpoy95 Smiley

You'll get a couple of emails from me today, the first one is in relation to your query for your old account which you can also view here.

Your new account, I've looked into this and replied to your query here

Sorry for the delay in responding to yourself, I hope this answers your questions Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Laujanpoy95
Hooked

Thank you, much appreciated!

I can view the response to my query relating to this account, with thanks.

However it's not letting me view the query relating to my old account, it says there's an error when clicked on?
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @laujapoy95 Smiley Ah it is possibly because the account is closed, as long as you've got the email explaining it for the old account that is fine Smiley 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Laujanpoy95
Hooked

No worries at all, thank you. I'm getting emails notifying me of your replies, as in they show the same as what you're posting on here. But I'm not receiving anything else? So regarding my old account I can't see any emails other than the error one 🤔
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @Laujanjoy95 I've sent the old account email via your new account for you Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Laujanpoy95
Hooked

Thank you! Do they take a while to come through? I'm still only getting emails to tell me you've replied on here, nothing else...
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @Laujanpoy95 you should be able to see my response without having to log into your account. If you'd like I can just give you a call? Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Laujanpoy95
Hooked

If you could give me a call that would be great thank you. Just my query regarding charges on my old account that I can't seem to view anywhere. Thanks!