cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for broadband (24 month contract)

FIXED
doctorron
Dabbler

Overcharged for broadband (24 month contract)

Hi there,

I am 18 months into my 24 month contract and noticed in my latest bill that I was suddenly overcharged for broadband (full price applied).

I joined Plusnet when we still had the option to get the LRS, which was the main motivation for having a 24 months contract period in the first place. The sales agent implemented this manually at the time, requiring the support to apply the fixed-term discount for a further 6 months beyond the default of 18 months. I suspect something must have gone wrong with that.

Could you please have a look and sort out my billing?

Thank you.
Ron

11 REPLIES 11
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Overcharged for broadband (24 month contract)

Fix

Good morning @doctorron

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to see that there are problems with your most recent bill. I can't go into specifics on this public domain, but I've sorted it out for you, and have sent you an email stating what I've done going forward if you'd like to have a read. Smiley

Let me know if you have any further questions at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
doctorron
Dabbler

Happy New Year!

I can confirm the overcharged amount was deducted from the next bill.

Thank you very much for sorting it out, @adam945

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @doctorron and happy new year to you also.

I'm glad to see @adam945 had got your bills sorted out for you.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
miah111819

I have been charged double this month and I am in a 24 moth contract. I meant to pay £35 a month but have been charged £70. Can I have some help resolving this.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @miah111819

I'm really sorry about the issues with your billing, I've just picked this up and have put it right for you, I've replied back to the open ticket on your account to confirm all the details here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222140023

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
doctorron
Dabbler

Hi @adam945 

Thanks again for fixing this previously but as it turns out, the same thing has happened again in my latest bill.

Could you please look into this? My Unlimited Fibre Extra discount (as otherwise correctly displayed in my profile) was not applied in my latest bill, even though I'm still within my contractual term.

Thanks,
Ron

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi doctorron, I'm really sorry that's happened again, would you like us to credit the overpayment against your account balance so that it deducts from the next bill or would you prefer a refund?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
doctorron
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker ,

Thanks for responding - on this occasion, a refund would be better.

Best,
Ron

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya Ron! No problem, I've put through a refund for you and have added further details to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=224196977

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
miah111819

I have been overcharged again! Can you please sort this issue and just charge me my contract price. I didn’t have this problem before.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @miah111819

I'm really sorry that your billing isn't right again, I've just checked your account and can see that this has been raised with our complaints team, please bear with us and a member of that team will be back in touch with you soon. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team