cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered full fibre from sky & other ISPs but not from plusnet?

jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Offered full fibre from sky & other ISPs but not from plusnet?

I'm sure I registered my interest in full fibre. I also know they installed fibre on my street 3 months ago. Now I am getting offers of full fibre from other ISPs however I've heard nothing from Plusnet at all.

So on the plus.net first page I put in my post code & next doors phone number & the plusnet service checker offer 3 grades of full fibre.

Why have plusnet not offered me an upgrade?

Also I have just spotted while here that apparently you can't have the landline & fttp? Why would that be the case? Is this just a Plusnet thing? I have a disability but struggle to use mobile phones so a landline is essential.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Offered full fibre from sky & other ISPs but not from plusnet?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@jan

It is probably on your account as an upgrade option. You would also probably been offered full fibre when it was time to recontract. If you want to upgrade then ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Not offering a 'landline phone' service be it VoIP over the Internet, which is how fulll fibre ISP's who offer it normally do it these days, is a Plusnet business decision.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Actually I only renewed my contract last month & they didn't mention the possibility of FTTP at all.

Looking around now at what else is available I would go with a different ISP that offered phone services too, but we're locked in this contract for another23 months now.

Very disappointing Sad

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@jan 

That's a shame. If  the lanline phone is important to you then I'm afraid that you are stuck. Otherwise you could upgrade to full fibre with Plusnet without any penalties.

An alternative option is that if you ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and ask they will arrange to transfer you to BT, who provide the service you want, without incurring any cancellation charges. You will however have to pay BT prices for the service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@jan 

It's possible that at the time you renewed your contract the FTTP network hadn't been commissioned at your address and was therefore not available. Despite work being complete on your street there could have been work required further up the line.

Login to your PlusNet portal and check for upgrades to confirm it's available from PlusNet.

PN took a commercial decision not to offer a phone service with their FTTP offering - leaving behind a lot of unhappy people. Is it your phone number that's important or just a phone service. If the latter you can sign up for a VOIP account with an independent provider.

As previously stated you'll be able to move to BT free of early termination charges so long as you speak to PN first.

Brian