cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd pricing

Al4He6

Odd pricing

Hi,

My contract for PlusNet Unlimited Fibre ends soon.

On the Member Centre Home it says "after contract ends: £16.98"

On the read and blue banner it says "Fibre and Rental from £28.50 a month"

(Why is an 18 month contract way more than out of contract?).

But for new customers it is just £21.98 (less £50 reward).

And if I look at upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra then my Line Rental jumps up to £21.22

(I can see my internet price goes up, but why does my line rental go up as well?)

Support have a script (and they say they can't see my account).

Looking at https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/ there's loads of deals for 30MB+ and 55Mb+  (Shell Energy, TalkTalk, Vodafone).

Regards, ah

3 REPLIES 3
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Odd pricing

@Al4He6

I think that the £16.98 applies only to the broadband or fibre element of the monthly bill. With current line rental (which would apply after your contract ends) at £21.22 that means your bill would be £38.20 per month. 

The banner price of £28.50 is for line rental and broadband.  Not exactly crystal clear!

You will probably get a better deal than the banner deal if you ring the Customer Options Team (0800 432 0200 and select the thinking of leaving option). The COT are the ones who do the recontract deals. They may well match the current new customer monthly rate (but without the cashback). Arm yourself with knowledge of those deals and of rivals deals so that you can bargain.

Basically never recontract or upgrade via the account dashboard, only do so on receipt of the email offer at or around 40 days before end of contract (if you actually receive one!) or via the COT. Hope you can get an acceptable deal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Al4He6

I'm sorry for the confusion. I've looked into this for you and I can see this is due to a system issue as for the entire time you've had your phone with us (more than 2 years), we haven't charged you line rental.

I'm in the process of fixing the issue now which means that moving forward we'll generate your bills and offers accurately.

It's not instant unfortunately but I'll aim to have it sorted by close of play tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Al4He6

This should be sorted now. Could you check your account again?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet