Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reward card

FIXED
andrew136
Hooked

No reward card

Hello, 

I made a contract of fibre broadband service for 18 months on 30th June 2020.

I am aware that I will get a £70 Plusnet reward card for the new customer. 

But, I get nothing. 

Can you tell me about this issue?

Kind regards,

Andrew

16 REPLIES 16
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: No reward card

Your reward card is subject to your broadband service being active. When the service has been activated you will receive an email 10 days later with an invitation to claim the reward card. Be aware that the email address that the invite comes from means that the email may go into your spam file. 

Watch for the invite arriving and follow the instructions carefully, there have been a number of instances reported in the forum where people have lost the reward by not claiming within the timescale laid out in the T's & C's.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Fix

Hi there @andrew136 Smiley Welcome to Plusnet! What @agedgopher has advised is correct. You'll get the email to claim the offer 10 days from your services all going live.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Einstein1961

I didn't receive anything.. and plusnet are saying that my order did not track correctly.

Is this my fault ????   I don't think so.

I have raised a complaint, but they don't care... I have escalated the complaint, and asked to speak to a manager.. no reply.
Email sent requesting a callback from a manager... waited in all day... no callback.

What used to be some of the best customer service has gone right down the pan..  I believe I may have made a very big mistake in switching to plusnet..

I will be escalating this to the ombudsman, and persuing compensation for all the stress and grief this is causing.

And to cap it all, plusnet are now saying there is a problem with my Direct Debit... as if it isn't bad enough.

SteveMakinson

Hi,

First of all I apologise for tacking my issue on the end of an existing thread, but I could not find how to raise a new thread.

I have the same issue, having had my service acctivated on 18th May 2020 but there is no sigh of the expected £75 reward card.

I have waited the advised 2 months before following up, but your card partner 'purecard' tells me that have not received my details from you.

I have tried calling several times but the phone is never answered.
I have also tried contacting your help service via twitter no response.
Your online Chat is a dead-end.
You do not seem to have a customer services email address, so I am trying via the community forum...

Please advise the next step. Please note that I will make formal complaints to both OFCOM and Trading Standards if this is nor resolved rapidly.

I have used the same email address to register for this forum as I have used for my Plusnet account, so you should be able to find my account details?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I appreciate your query however we do not advise our affiliates of your details as the process is followed by yourself from beginning to end, namely:

- You apply for your broadband with us via the affiliated website by following the relevant cashback related broadband offer

- You then follow the email link within the offer timescale that the affiliate marketing company sent to your email address once your services are active

- You fill out the cashback reward application form and submit it to then receive the cashback after 30 days

The reward form is then picked up by the affiliate company who then fulfil whatever reward is relevant to your offer.

The only information we see is whether you have been sent an email by the affiliate, and when. I can confirm that you were sent an email by them on 29th May and this was not followed up by you. The offer was valid for 2 months and consequently expired on 29th July.

As we do not deal with the marketing we are unable to reinstate this offer for you, as the onus was on you to check your email or to raise this with us beforehand.

Thanks - LF

SteveMakinson

Hi,

The reward card was a key part of my decision to switch to Plusnet.

I was acutely aware that I need to wait for and respond to an email, but I do not believe I ever received the communication you mention - are you able to advise how I can locate that email? The sender, and/or keywords?

Further to this, I looked for advice on how to follow this "offer" up and what I found suggested I wait 2 months before following up with your card partner, which is exactly what I did. It seems this is the same 2 months period during which the offer ACTUALLY EXPIRES. 

I am getting the impression that this scheme is deliberately constructed to frustrate new customers, which is hardly the way to engender loyalty.

I would appreciate you arranging a new email so that I can access the offer upon which my moral contract with you is based.

If this is not possible, I will be making complaints with both OFCOM and Trading Standards, and will certainly be leaving Plusnet at the earliest opportunity.

Regards,

Steve Makinson

marionrose
Hooked

Hello,

I have the same situation. Broadband was activated on the 6th June 2020 but I've not received an e-mail regarding my reward card. I've tried to use online chat with no Success.

marionrose
Hooked

Hi Steve,

I have the same issues as yourself - I've tried to call, webchat etc with no success. I also changed because of the reward card, (I left TalkTalk a at cost of £100 due to their poor service). Out of the frying pan springs to mind.

jofru
Dabbler

I will be making complaints too.
The whole situation around the reward cards is pathetic, and that a company can claim to have a high level of customer service while simultaneously operating such a scam is unacceptable.
Tags (1)
hillaz

Morning all, im in the same boat, they dont give a damm once your signed up. They just pass the blame on and on, they had the cheek to blame my email service for this so called email they send out to claim the card, yet every other email i need or get sent i receive.

To sum it up this cheap BT (plusnet) company is rubbish and i cant wait to leave already will i ever get this card i doubt it but i will continue to contact them and will be taking this higher with offcom also.

marionrose
Hooked

Evening all, it feels like we have all been scammed, its hard to understand how they could make such a simple procedure so troublesome. Im just sick & tired having to spend so much time trying to resolve issues with telecom companies.

marionrose
Hooked

Quick update, I managed to speak to customer service today who said an e-mail was sent on the 9th June (100% not received by me) and as I hadn't responded to an e-mail (which I hadn't received) with 2 months it was therefore too late to process. I told them that I had tried to speak to them via Webchat within the 2 month period (but it was an automated response) and that I had tried to call them within the 2 month period (but was told to call back as all their lines were busy). Im really not sure what else I could do - but I feel totally cheated. 

marionrose
Hooked

Below is the transcript confirming that it was in the 2 month period - but it counts for nothing. 

General Info
Chat start time  Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:10:57 +0100 GMT
Chat end time  Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:12:26 +0100 GMT
Duration (actual chatting time)  00:01:28
Operator  Joe

Chat Transcript
Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us.

Please do not navigate away from this page or connection may be lost.

Chat sessions may be recorded for training and business improvement purposes. For full details on how we use your personal information see our Privacy Policy

Info: You are now chatting with Joe.
Joe:

Hi. We’re doing all we can to balance your most urgent needs with the wellbeing of our people. We're  here to help you sign up to a new service with Plusnet. Unfortunately, we do not have access to existing customer accounts.

Joe:

Welcome, I am Plusnet's Routing Bot - Joe.  Let's get you to the right team!

Joe: << Sent Rich Content >>
You: Existing customer enquiry OR to add/upgrade a current product
Joe: << Sent Rich Content >>
You: Not listed above
Joe:

In order to get help you would need to contact our service team on 0800 432 0200 from 8am - 6pm.  To help us improve our service, we would appreciate a brief detail of why you came into chat in the space below.

You: Ive been a customer since 6th June, could you advise when I should receive my Reward Card. Thanks
Joe:

Please bear with us as our call centre is very busy at this time, so it may take a little longer than usual to speak to us. There’s also lots of ways to get help online at My Account and our Plusnet Community.

Joe:

Thank you, please would you contact our service team. We’re always here to help, you can call us on 0800 432 0200 from 8am - 6pm.

Info: Thank you for chatting with us.