cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband-only contracts?

FIXED
frinkadoodle

No broadband-only contracts?

I've been checking updating the broadband contracts for relatives recently. They already have line rental/call packages with other providers (BT) so only require broadband from Plusnet. These packages were available under new contracts just a few weeks ago. Now the only packages apparently available are Broadband+Line rental combined (or full fibre which they don't need).

Is this the case? My relatives will not want to switch their phone packages (old and stubborn) so this is a big problem in renewing their contracts.

Cheers,

John

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: No broadband-only contracts?

@frinkadoodle Welcome to the forums. Plusnet have not offered BB only for a number of years, so I don't know where you found them 'only a few weeks ago'.

John
frinkadoodle

The confusion may be that if PN did only provide broadband+line their pricing didn't reflect this. I was definitely seeing contract prices showing eg 88p for broadband for accounts that already had PN separate line rental, because I thought that couldn't be right and had to look into it in great detail and download the full contract to see what was actually being charged. This gave the impression that broadband-only was still possible. Now all contract package prices appear to be inclusive of line rental on all pages.

If the packages haven't changed then the way the prices are shown on the upgrade page have. The main issue is whether broadband-only is not available at all or if it was just a temporary glitch.

Cheers,

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

There was an issue recently where line rental wasn't showing in some renewal prices. Maybe this was the source of the confusion here. That's been fixed now. Sorry for the disappointment!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
frinkadoodle

Hi, Thanks for the confirmation, that sounds like what's caused the confusion. The BB-only accounts haven't been updated for a while so I must have missed the change in the last few years.

Cheers,

John