cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Centre - Offers and Upgrades - incorrect prices when on Plusnet Unlimited without phone?

FIXED
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Member Centre - Offers and Upgrades - incorrect prices when on Plusnet Unlimited without phone?

Hello.

Out of curiosity, I clicked "Offers and Upgrades" in the Member Centre website (having signed in).

• I was surprised to find that my renewal price was £0.00 a month for an 18 month contract!
  • My current product "Plusnet Unlimited" showed the correct price of £12.74 a month, which is what I pay (before referral credits) but under "The finer details" it showed "Phone line included" - when I pay for BT Basic separately for my line rental.
  • Further down, the Broadband and Home Phone Packages, all 18 month contracts, also have ludicrously low monthly prices displayed: Unlimited Fibre Extra for £7.06 a month, and Unlimited Fibre for £0.81 a month - both with "Special Offer" labels. VERY special offers indeed! 😀
  • Under "The finer details", both these products also show "Phone line included" - implying to me that there is NO additional line rental fee to be added.
  • The asterisk next to the large prices refers to a note towards the bottom with the same asterisk - and this note only describes that the price increases every year in March by CPI + 3.9%. Neither the note, nor the page mentions anything that should be added to the large quoted prices. For instance, are the prices IN ADDITION to what I am already paying? Or are the prices IN ADDITION to a fixed line rental price?

It would seem that this page of the Member Centre has an error in it. See attached for screenshots.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Member Centre - Offers and Upgrades - incorrect prices when on Plusnet Unlimited without phone?

Thanks for the feedback! Line rental should be in addition to the prices shown there.

From what I can see this is already on our radar (ref: SALES-8880) but cheers for the heads up still.

We're working to fix that as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snozboz
Rising Star

Re: Member Centre - Offers and Upgrades - incorrect prices when on Plusnet Unlimited without phone?

I thought you probably already knew about this, but glad to be of help. However, while I believe this is an error that everyone sees (everyone who already pays Plusnet for their line rental), it was also specifically an error for me - and I did NOT pay Plusnet for my line rental. As I said in my original post, I had my landline with BT Basic. So I hope that, in fixing the error, you will make sure that it gets fixed for people in my specific circumstances as well as the more general circumstances.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you renew your contract with us you'll need to bring your phone line across to us as we don't offer broadband only packages, except for full fibre, so I suspect that's why it shows phone line included.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snozboz
Rising Star

Indeed. But the prices on that page don't include the cost of having one's phone line with Plusnet while the description and asterisked small print says that a phone line is included - whether you are a customer who already has their phone line with Plusnet, or as was the case for me, whether you are a customer who has their phone line with a different provider (due to historic/legacy products).

BTW, to save any potential for confusion, since my original post I have moved my broadband away from Plusnet to BT because I am eligible for BT Home Essentials which makes broadband and phone cheaper.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Should be fixed for everybody now, I've just tested things too.

Thanks again for flagging!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet