Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New billing system - double billing

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: New billing system - double billing

Thank you Lauren for this information. I'm sure that you and your hard-pressed colleagues are as fed up with this saga as we customers are, and wish you could get back to your normal job of helping people.

alan659882
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Still not sorted ....

I paid the outstanding balance on 17th September and received a 'thanks for your payment Email'.

Today I've received Emails and SMS saying "Just a reminder that you need to make a payment that's due on your Plusnet account. To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 9 days. "

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @alan659882,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have updated your ticket accordingly, you can view the ticket here.

Best wishes.

rippedoffme
Grafter

Has anyone had their billing problems solved?

ask66
Dabbler

Yes, we are all sorted out now.

LRS £197.88 originally paid by credit card 14th August.

Taken again by Direct Debit 10th September.

Paid back into bank 26th September.

We decided not to cancel the Direct Debit with the bank as we thought that would just make things more complicated.  But we did have to raise a number of support tickets (which were all ignored) and eventually emailed Andy Baker (Plusnet CEO) which seemed to get things moving.

rippedoffme
Grafter

Thanks for that, unfortunately I cancelled my DD which seems to have totally upset the apple cart.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro

So far so good. The £5 overcharge on my changeover bill was refunded to my bank account the day after I complained. The £10 overcharge on my last bill is to be deducted from my next bill due in a couple of weeks. Will post again when/if it happens. For me the main point is that my BB/phone service continues to perform perfectly without outage in more than four years.

Thanks again to the PN customer service staff who are snowed under with this billing problem which is not of their making. As I said before, I'm sure they would rather be helping sort tech problems instead of soothing angry customers caught in this monumental mixup.

Just noticed the above posts. Suggest you DO NOT CANCEL DIRECT DEBIT -- I know this is infuriating but cancelling your DD will in effect double the mess that PN has created so efficiently, so doubling the work for the long-suffering PN service staff, and may lead to your service being cut off for non-payment,

rippedoffme
Grafter

Thanks Longliner

I think it's called Hindsight.

I should probably not have left BT, but my pension did not allow for their proposed increases.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@rippedoffme, I'm really sorry that this isn't resolved still and for not picking up your PM. I've been on annual leave last week and I've been working my way through my PMs since.

I've sent an email to our billing ops team leaders asking that we'd pick this up at a priority. I've also raised this ticket on your account to my own workflow so I can keep track of this for you and monitor.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rippedoffme
Grafter

Thank you for that.

Will the auto mailer now stop sending threatening emails and adding penalty costs to the bill?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries and unfortunately we can't stop the automated emails going out in the interim, but I've since had a reply back advising that this is with the right people and is being investigated. Will monitor closely. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Longliner
Seasoned Pro

Yes rippedoffme, I too left BT when they wanted even more money for the BT Yahoo email system after it had been hacked! I'm afraid Plusnet screwed up my joining at the worst possible time (emergency admission to hospital on 'go live' day, but the PN operator had noted the wrong date so we were cut off altogether!) but it was sorted out in a day or two. Every renewal has brought minor problems relating to billing, but as I said earlier the PN service staff do try hard to sort it out. Maybe it helps that I greet them as human beings, between the lines some people are understandably angry at long waiting times and take it out on the operators ...

At the end of the day, despite the hassle, my phone/BB has been totally reliable and I think it's good value for money. I'm glad I moved to PN and will be happy to stay with them, hope you will enjoy the same experience once your current problem is sorted.