cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the goalposts

Rickardo
Dabbler

Moving the goalposts

My contract runs out in May, so I got an email on 31st of March saying I can renew for 21.99 on 18 month contract. The email also says “Offers correct at time of printing and valid until your contract end date.”(which is incorrect), so over the weekend I try the link and it says, this offer is no longer available. But it offers me instead to re-contract at 23.99/ month. So I wait until this morning and try again and it still says this offer not available and now it’s going to cost 25.99 a month. What is going on? It’s gone up twice in 3 days. So I ring customer services and the guy on the phone explains to me that because of the price hikes on April 1st the original offer had expired, even though I got the invitation the day before. He didn’t have a decent answer when I quoted the line about the offer being valid til my contract end date. He also explained that if I had accepted the offer on March 31st, the price would have gone up by £3+ the next day. Is that really fair? To be sending out invitations to renew at a price, knowing that it will change significantly the next day. I’m surprised that there are not advertising laws about this. I was told my original price would go up by £3.10 but which would make it 23.60 but the lowest I could get was 23.99 (an increase of over 17 pc). Not amused
1 REPLY 1
Rickardo
Dabbler

Re: Moving the goalposts

I am sorry, I have got a bit of this wrong. My original price was 21.50 not 20.50 which means the price change for me is about 12%