cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Plusnet to BT FTTP - Early Termination Fees

Tomcottonuk

Moving from Plusnet to BT FTTP - Early Termination Fees

Hello, does anyone know if it’s possible to move from Plusnet to BT FTTP while I’m still under contract with Plusnet?
I’m thinking because their both group companies there may be a process, and if so, who do I contact?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Moving from Plusnet to BT FTTP - Early Termination Fees

other than a very limited trial, Plusnet do not offer Fibre (fibre to the premises) only copper services which are misleadingly sold as "fibre" - the term mutton sold as lamb springs to mind here

Plusnets marketing is set out to deliberately confuse and mislead customers into thinking they have "Fibre" broadband - using the same logic, dial up is also Fibre as it will involve a fibre optic cable somewhere

There was talk of plusnet offering Fibre in the summer of 2021 - but there are no signs of it arriving and summer is nearly over, so if you want real fibre internet to your premises then you need to look at another ISP.

and to answer the question there have been reports that plusnet will allow customers to transfer to another BT group business if taking up a genuine fibre ( to the premises) product

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Tomcottonuk  There are reports on the forum that Plusnet will allow a move to BT or EE FTTP during a contract and waive any Early Termination fees, I think you need to confirm that with Plusnet before trying. As for the process I am not too sure if a normal gaining provider led migration will work when moving to FTTP.  Plusnet may be able to advise but I suspect many of the CS agents may not know. Forum staff may have more of a clue.🙄

@pint  Your reply just confused the issue as you are still banging on about FTTC not being fibre and you didn't really answer the question. It's the fact that Early termination fees will not be charged is the most important point.

Tomcottonuk

Thanks all - I spoke with Plusnet who confirmed that the early term fees will be waived so the order has been placed with BT.

FYI - for any non-plusnet customers, BT will also refund up to £300 of early term fees