cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

keithm
Dabbler

Moving Home

I browsed the Plusnet website for the cost of taking my number and contract with me to my new home. All I could find was, take out a new contract and it is free, otherwise talk to the team to get the cost. Well I can tell you it is a rip-off £65 which is £15 more than having a new line installed. The team member I spoke to was very abrupt stating he didn't fix the prices and a new contract is cheaper than paying the £65, which it was but I didn't want to be forced into a new higher priced contract to avoid the excessive line transfer cost. He insisted the cost was shown in the T&C's but it is not, you just keep going round in circles trying to find it. After just having a previous battle with them about the dropping of the Line Rental Saver (which they did resolve) here we go again. My contract is up in August 2022 and I'm off to another provider. I have had no favours from Plusnet so why should I give them the business.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Moving Home

@keithm 

See House Moves under Other charges for your Plusnet Broadband and Fibre services. https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

If your currrent contract runs until next August and you want to leave then why not ring Customer Options on 0800 013 2632, negotiate a new 12 Month deal, (yes you can) and move for free? It's only another of couple on months with Plusnet and by then you might of changed your mind.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

keithm
Dabbler

They said I had to sign a new 2 year deal to get the free move. The offer was an extra £3/month over my current contract so £72 extra over 2 years.

keithm
Dabbler

Actually they have just told me that they cannot transfer my line and BB on the requested date of 14 October and the earliest at the moment is 18 October therefore leaving me without a connection for 4-5 days, and I have to pay £65 for that sort of service. My daughter just moved house and forgot to arrange their transfer. Sky did it in a week and at a cost of nothing! As far as I can see most others do not charge, even their mother company.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'