cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Worries

mandabee

Money Worries

Hey all, has anyone worried about money, increases in energy and pretty much anything else getting more expensive spoken to Plusnet about help or a cheaper contract. Or indeed being able to leave so you can take advantage of what is out there for low income/benefits?
2 REPLIES 2
YouKnowIThatGuy
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Money Worries

I'm currently watching my energy supplier like a hawk.

I doubt ISP costs will increase significantly as inflation kicks in. And if it does, the whole sector will rise.

But keep your peepers on those energy companies.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Money Worries

Thanks for your post @mandabee and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're worried about money.

We aren't able to waive termination fees or lower your monthly cost for broadband & line rental if you're within a contract, but if you have extra add-ons like a call plan or BT Sport then you can remove this without penalty. 

Also, we do offer payment plans where you can split a single failed payment across up to 6 months, while keeping following payments up to date, which is generally useful if one bill is unusually high, for example there are a lot of call charges, although if that's the case then looking at call plans to may be more appropriate, if you use your home phone.

There's also grace periods, where we can extend the time for you to pay a bill, if the payment's failed, before applying restrictions to your home phone or broadband service.

We'd only be able to offer a grace period or payment plan once every 6 months though.

Let me know if you've got any further queries. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet