Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating away - What happens?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Migrating away - What happens?

So if a customer has phone and broadband then they would be downgraded to PAYG even though both are being moved but if he only has broadband then he wouldn't be downgraded but would be cancelled even though he may have referrals.
So when an account is cancelled all access to the account is lost and no changes to the information held within it would be possible as tickets etc, cannot be raised. So how would referrals be paid as presumably Plusnet cannot have an active direct debit on a cancelled account
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Mand, Thank you for your very clear reply. That is exactly what I wanted. I don't really use the email service bt do still receive some legacy mail from contacts who can't be bothered to change their address books. Roll_eyes
James, How nice to see you back on this Forum.
Best wishes, R
James
Grafter

Robin, I'm a serial lurker Smiley
I hope you're well and glad to see that Mand got things all sorted for you.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
So when an account is cancelled all access to the account is lost and no changes to the information held within it would be possible as tickets etc, cannot be raised. So how would referrals be paid as presumably Plusnet cannot have an active direct debit on a cancelled account

They wouldn't unless the customer had requested the account to remain active.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So the choice for a broadband only user is:
1. Migrate out with the options of losing using use of plus.com emails (and possibly referrals) or pay £20 per year to keep them.
2. Add broadband phone and then when it is active give 10 days notice to cancel broadband and phone and move the phone back to where it came from. You get to keep both plus.com emails and there's no risk to your referrals and it costs you nothing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Mand

They wouldn't unless the customer had requested the account to remain active.

Is that free? Does keeping the account active keep the email going?
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
So the choice for a broadband only user is:
1. Migrate out with the options of losing using use of plus.com emails (and possibly referrals) or pay £20 per year to keep them.
2. Add broadband phone and then when it is active give 10 days notice to cancel broadband and phone and move the phone back to where it came from. You get to keep both plus.com emails and there's no risk to your referrals and it costs you nothing.

2. Broadband phone = VOIP. Wouldn't have the same connotations (as it's free so would be removed in the same way as emails).
Also, the initial contract for home phone is 30 days, with a 10 day notice period after that. So you'd have to move to us (takes 2 weeks), then request a MAC and move your broadband out, then move your phone away. A lot of hassle, and personally I'd rather pay £1.60 a month than mess about that way. I think £1.60 a month is pretty reasonable for POP3/IMAP mailbox access, unlimited mailboxes, SMTP access, webspace, and the ability to host a domain.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Is that free? Does keeping the account active keep the email going?

Historically we've allowed referrers to keep free accounts to monitor their referrals. I'm clarifying this with the relevant people before I categorically state that's still the case.
If it is this would have to be by request and actioned manually as the system would automatically cancel the account.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

D'oh! Thinking home phone and typing broadband phone (I've not been well - that's my excuse!)
My suggestion stands - put home phone on temporarily and you keep your email for zero cost.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Mand
I think £1.60 a month is pretty reasonable for POP3/IMAP mailbox access, unlimited mailboxes, SMTP access, webspace, and the ability to host a domain.

Where can we see the specification of this account? (How much webspace? CCGI? mySQL? any other extras?)
Mand
Grafter

No published specification as it's something only offered by our Cancellation team. I'll dig out the spec though.
Mand
Grafter

You get:
IMAP/POP3 email
Unlimited mailboxes
SMTP access
25/100 webspace
MyCircular
0845 dial access
Newsgroup access (text only)
Generic UK Domain
Existing customers moving to this product can keep CGI/MySQL/any other domains and VOIP if they wish.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is that 25MB webspace and 100MB per day usage allowance
Is the generic UK domain www.username.plus.com
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is that 25MB webspace and 100MB per day usage allowance

Yep, certainly is.
Is the generic UK domain www.username.plus.com

No, that's the component for the hosting that Mand mentioned earlier.
mitchell20
Grafter

Not sure if this has been mentioned but having just had my PN BBYW Pro account downgraded to PAYG today, I can tell you that you can continue use all your existing PN email addys but during the downgrade process, all but your default email mailbox will be deleted.  You do then have to go and re-create any required mailboxes via your online account.