Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating away - What happens?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Migrating away - What happens?

Thank you for pointing that out.
It seems rather a silly action but I think that was mentioned in passing somewhere before but I didn't really take it in
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: mitchell20
Not sure if this has been mentioned but having just had my PN BBYW Pro account downgraded to PAYG today, I can tell you that you can continue use all your existing PN email addys but during the downgrade process, all but your default email mailbox will be deleted.  You do then have to go and re-create any required mailboxes via your online account.

Your account was actually cancelled by the system, and then reactivated manually. This is why you lost your mailboxes.
mitchell20
Grafter

No surprise there then, even though I'd actually asked to have my account downgraded several times and yet PN still failed to listen to me.
Anyway, there's no way on this earth I'd ever move back to any form of BT wholesale broadband from LLU now.
Mand
Grafter

If a customer requests to keep an active account once they've migrated the CSC agent concerned should arrange this. In this case they didn't so the system did what it's designed to do. I'm sorry that the agent didn't stick to process there, but can see your account was sorted afterwards.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Mand
Also, the initial contract for home phone is 30 days, with a 10 day notice period after that. So you'd have to move to us (takes 2 weeks), then request a MAC and move your broadband out, then move your phone

Hmm that wasn't mentioned when I moved to PN for both. I was only told it was a 30 day contract nothing about +10 days.
Due to the way things have happened I will be leaving PN next month, so will I end up paying for 40 days of phone even if I leave before that?
Wheel_nut
Grafter

IANAL .... but I would say that there is nothing wrong with you giving notice at any time during your first 20 days with PlusNet Home Phone and then leaving by either Cancellation or Migration at any time after the 30th day without penalty.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats how I read it, after 30 days you only have to give 10 days notice?
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, the initial contract is for 30 days, after that you only have to give 10 days notice rather than 30.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well my support Q asking this just informed me that :-
The notice period for cancellation is 30 days (the cancellation would happen 30 days after you let us know).

Which isn't 10 days anyhow you look at it.  Angry
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Cricket bat time!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)