cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message to renew from "The Domain Bureau"

SteveNoyes
Hooked

Message to renew from "The Domain Bureau"

Hi there, I've recently been getting emails from "The Domain Bureau" to say that unless I renew then my domain may/will be lost (their email is attached).  My domain is one taken out with freenetname who were taken over by madasafish and then by Plusnet: in the freenetname days everything was handled by them, and the messages have started relatively recently. I've not previously had anything to do with "The Domain Bureau" and I'm not even sure they are genuine.  Is this a hoax e-mail?  Do I need to worry?  Do I need to I do anything to make sure I keep my domain name?

Regards,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Message to renew from "The Domain Bureau"

@SteveNoyes I'm no expert on this, bur I would be very suspicious - no address, Licence number, registration? Have you tried the phone number (withholding yours, of course?)

John
squawk7000
Dabbler

Steve that looks suspicious. I did a whois for you domain and it doesn't expire until Jume

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]
URL: http://www.madasafish.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 03-Jun-2000
Expiry date: 03-Jun-2022
Last updated: 27-May-2021

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @SteveNoyes

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I'd also be quite suspicious here as I can't see anything on our end, and looking at your domain status on WHOIS shows that it's not expiring until June 2022.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@squawk7000 Think you've confirmed my thoughts - the email doesn't 'read' right on a re-read, and the lack of certain details is a little worrying.

John