cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links to pay do not work as you blocked them?

MagicTyrant

Links to pay do not work as you blocked them?

Hi

Seems to be a problem with my billing. As I do not use phones cannot phone (deaf).

Tried to pay online but the silly firm has blocked me from it's billing site.  Emails from the silly firm have links to pay but are blocking them. Cannot use help and support here as that's blocked also.  Went to transfer some cash from a site and could not as it needed to update software and updates are blocked.  Anti Virus updates are blocked.  My answer is to try here or just wait a month till next billing when they can take x2.  Money still in the bank.  Failing that write to them but that be a week as about to self isolate as off to hospital Thurs.  So will not be posting letters till fri if all goes well.

Hmmm… can't reach this page

plus.net refused to connect.

So unless they just retry the DD or Card (not sure how they get paid) I am at a loss what to do.

It says they will not restrict internet for 9 days but started straight away it seems.

Will the internet be cut off?   If so that will be a problem as no way to talk to hospital and order food.

Got rid of my care person a few years back.

Thanks  

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Links to pay do not work as you blocked them?

Hello @MagicTyrant

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear about what's going on here. Between days 1 - 14 of an account being in failed billing, we don't block websites. You might see a splash screen asking you to pay your bill, but this can be bypassed.

We do have an ongoing issue though that means customers cannot access plus.net/pay while the account is in failed billing. Instead, we ask customers to either use their mobile data to access this page, or give our Customer Services Team a call on 0800 432 0200.

Once day 14 of failed billing is reached, access to the internet will be restricted entirely. If the account has not been in failed billing for the past 6 months though, we'd be able to add a grace period on there, which will give you more time to pay your bill without your services being affected. This can only last until 2 days before your billing date.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
MagicTyrant

Hi,  I have told the splash screen can be bypassed twice now which is all very good for the  people who know how it can be bypassed.  Giving a deaf person who has already said they do not use phones. A phone number to use is quite pointless.

If your going to say next ask a friend or neighbor to ring for me. Last friend died a few months back and the person who moved into her old home next to me speaks no English at all far as I can tell.

Not even sure I get a splash screen just get a emm you cannot connect (maybe that's a splash screen?). If so at least I now know what a splash screen is.

So I will keep using this the internet best I can and keep the funds in the bank.  Once it stops I will buy a dongle and sim which will mean I use the money in the bank.  Then will have to go to court and take all this rubbish with me, printed out to show I tried to sort it out.  Not sure why you cannot just asked them to take the money out of the bank. Or speed up my internet again so I can pay online.  Or even speed it up for 2 hours and tell me in advance so I can pay during the 2 hour window. If I fail to pay you just slow it down again.

The speed is not to bad Can watch movies stream live horse races. It is about as fast as it is on a normal day for that sort of stuff.  Just cannot log into some sites at all or download updates.  

Been told if my anti virus is compromised I should not even log into my bank or buy stuff like dongle and sim online.

Anyway

Thanks

Bye 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @MagicTyrant

I'm really sorry to see you're having difficulties getting to our website while within failed payment. I've just removed the interruption now from our end so you should be able to browse normally and hopefully able to pay your bill online now. 

With regards to phoning us, appreciate you're hard of hearing, so using a text relay service you should be able to call us free of charge to pay your bill over the phone if needed. There's more information > Here.

[edit]

Also I'd recommend filling out our additional support form Here so we can make sure we're offering the best support we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MagicTyrant

Thanks  Paid.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cool. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet