cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Plusnet but still being billed

lunathehusky
Dabbler

Left Plusnet but still being billed

Hi, I've left Plusnet broadband but the new provider messed up the order and the broadband was swtiched to them 2 weeks late on the 15th. It seems Plusnet have assumed that we changed our minds as I'm still getting bill reminders and my "services have been restricted", even though they can't be as we're with Vodafone now.

I was expecting a final bill for part of the month but I'm just getting billed as if I'm still a customer. What's the best way to get this sorted?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Left Plusnet but still being billed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

When was your bill date while you were with PN? It is possible you were into a new month before your actual switch. You should receive a final invoice adjusted for any over-payment within 21 days of your actual switch-over date.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi @lunathehusky,

Sorry to see you've left.

I've had a peek at your account and the transfer request we'd received from your new provider was cancelled, which suggests they may have installed a new line. I'd recommend calling 0800 013 2632 so we can manually close your account and once that's done, we'll produce your final bill within 21 days. Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lunathehusky
Dabbler

So I'm getting letters from a debt collection company now. To be clear, I switched to Vodafone in December. Plusnet billed me up to the end of January. I sent an email saying:

"Hi, there's been a mistake at your end. We left plusnet in December, have been with Vodafone since. They activated on December 15th. Can you please send me a revised bill? Thanks"

And got nothing back, just these demand letters from Arvato. Any ideas on my best course of action? Not cross or anything, it's just an annoyance and I'd like to get it sorted before they add any more charges on.

Cheers

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@lunathehusky 

Did you follow this answer https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Left-Plusnet-but-still-being-billed/m-p/1902898#M63...

Plusnet do not accept incoming emails.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

lunathehusky
Dabbler

No I didn't follow that advice for 2 reasons. 1 because I emailed. 2 because I have a neurological disability that prevents me using a phone (auditory processing). The email from plusnet doesn't actually say they don't accept email replies. The address it was from was support@plus.net not a 'noreply' address so I thought the support@ address would be monitored.

This all was supposed to happen automatically anyway, I don't understand why I was billed for weeks more service then I received and I'd like it sorted which was why I asked for the best steps to take next. Don't really want to interact with plusnet's debt collecting friends if poss.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@lunathehusky 

It is unfortunate that you did not respond to the last Plusnet reply asking you to ring in and explain your problem. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along soon and pick this up for you again. They can be a bit thin on the ground at weekends.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

lunathehusky
Dabbler

Yeah I know, I should have found the time. Had some health issues, hospital got in the way. Will respond now though, thanks for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @lunathehusky

I'm really sorry for the issues you've had with this. Please send me a PM with the mobile number and your full name and I'll get it sorted. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lunathehusky
Dabbler

Thanks Adam! PM'd

lunathehusky
Dabbler

Sorry to go on about this but I still haven't heard anything from you and the debt collectors are calling me every day.