Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

FIXED
annette1977
Hooked

Leaving Plusnet

Hello,
I signed up for 12 months on Fibre broadband in January, we had planned to move, but where we will be going to now, the BT speed available is only ADSL.

What would I pay back to cease my contract early ? What notice would I need to give ?
3 REPLIES 3
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Leaving Plusnet

You would need to plough through the small print of your contract. From memory you must give one month's notice, then on termination you will pay the monthly charges for the rest of your contract, less a small amount for the BB service you won't use. So if you have six months to run, it will be six times your monthly payment. However, you may be able to move your Plusnet service downgraded to ADSL. Best give customer service a call. Good luck.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Annette1977, we'd just ask for 14 days notice to close an account with us, as for the cost you'd be best speaking with our customer options team about that, I can arrange for someone to give you call about that if you like?

There's further details about our cancellation policy here if you need them: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

I hope the move goes well and please shout up if there's anything else I can help with at all.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

On the basis that BT Openreach have failed to provision any fibre service in your new location, no ISP will be able to deliver better speeds ... unless there is an alternative supplier such as Virgin Media.

If there is no other supplier, your best bet might be to contact COTS and see what deal they can offer to switch you service to ADSL, rather than shell out for ETCs.

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.