cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet - Retain Email Accounts

snwebmaster

Leaving Plusnet - Retain Email Accounts

Hi,

I'm moving away from PlusNet for FTTP reasons and I would really like to retain my plus.com email accounts. I have received a letter from PN to say about my contract termination (which isn't until 29th October 21) and also if I want to retain email accounts I need to let PN know.

I have just called customer services to ask for my email accounts to be retained and they have informed me it is not possible to retain my PN email accounts?

Can anyone advise please?

Kind regards

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Leaving Plusnet - Retain Email Accounts

@snwebmaster Welcome to the forums. You were very wrongly advised - unless you are on one of the 'Legacy' providers in which case it can be tricky (but not impossible). Call again and get them to read  KBMS article #3349.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

it is possible this might have been stopped recently @jab1
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend

@dvorak How recently? I had a similar response when I moved, and then called another time, got a different agent and got it sorted. This was in May this year, and I know of at least one other occasion recently where this has happened.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@jab1 apologies, I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @snwebmaster, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulties when trying to retain your mail with us recently.
I've opened a ticket on your account I'll personally be monitoring until we have your account set up as mail only. I've asked a question on the ticket I'm monitoring in regards to which mailboxes you're wanting so if you could please add a comment confirming here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218311493

I look forwards to hearing from you further.

snwebmaster

Hi all,

Thank you for your advice on this and especially @BD for raising a ticket.

This is EXACT reason why I didn't want to leave PlusNet, having been with them for many many years.  The community forums and the support interaction off the back of that has always been top tier imo. Was it not for moving to FTTP, I would have remained with PlusNet.

Thanks again.

@BD I've updated the support ticket with the requested information. Smiley 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're  very welcome @snwebmaster and I can confirm I'll be monitoring your account further and look to get your mail boxes set back up once the account closes. I've updated the ticket regarding this but if there's anything we can help you with in the meantime then please don't hesitate getting back in touch..

triley

Hi, @BD I have cancelled my contract today and have been told that the mail-only service is no longer an option (has been withdrawn in the last two months). I referred the operator to KBMS #3349, as has been suggested on other posts but she said that did not give her any information for retaining email service and her manager has told her it is not possible any more. Is this correct, or should it still be possible to retain my email?

jab1
Legend

@triley Sounds very strange if @BD can raise the request 3 days ago, if the option was withdrawn two months ago?

John
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @triley, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been advised otherwise in regards to keeping your account open as mail only. I can confirm that as long as we're advised before the account is processed clsoed (as you have) that you wish for it to be kept open then we can still get this sorted for you. I beleive the change made a few months ago was if the account was already closed then we couldn't start this process.
In which case, I've raised a ticket on your account I'll personally be monitoring as to make sure we action this for you and I'll be sure to update the ticket as I hear back from the team that process this for us.
The ticket I'll be keeping a close eye on can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218450360

jab1
Legend

Thanks @BD .

John
triley

Brilliant! Thanks @BD . I appreciate your fast reply. Generally I can't fault Plusnet support and it's definitely not one of the reasons 'm leaving. Sounds like the staff on the phonelines need to be updated on the issue of retaining mail accounts as there seems to be a miscommunication somewhere.

jab1
Legend

@triley More a combination of 'Saturday staff' and a request that is not made that often, but the KB article does give them the correct instructions - if they read them properly.

John