cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill incomprehensible

ElizaT
Hooked

Final bill incomprehensible

My contract with Plus.net ends on 22 February 2022 and my monthly bill for 23 January to 22 February should have neatly dovetailed with the date of termination.  However, it is a complete mess, consisting of refunds, an early termination charge and no "Your Charges Broken Down" on page 2 of the bill.  When I telephoned Plus.net on the 23rd, I was told that a corrected bill would not be issued.  

Despite having been assured by them that my service (broadband and phone) will end on the 22nd, my fear is that the telephone element has been backdated to an earlier date (hence the refunds of line rental and call plan) and broadband and phone dates, under a new contract, will no longer coincide.  I am only moving to John Lewis Unlimited Broadband.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Final bill incomprehensible

Hi @ElizaT

I'm really sorry for the confusing bill.

I've dropped you an e-mail under the ticket ref 221470093 which should explain this.

Feel free to get back to me though if you've got any further queries and I'll be happy to help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi Anoush ,

Is it because you pay one month in advance.

Is so why did the agent explain this 

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can't go into detail publicly due to data protection I'm afraid but I hope the explanation I've provided to @ElizaT helps 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ElizaT
Hooked

Thank you Anoush/Gandalf and Smith7 for trying to help me.  I had worked out that my Monthly Charges of £11.26 (page 2 of bill) were my call plan and broadband (after discount), for 23 January-.22 February, although the bill doesn't specify the dates.  The same Monthly Charges on page 1 of the bill must be a work of fiction so that the various items add up to £11.26.

As none of you has said anything to the contrary, I am hopeful that my John Lewis telephone bill will start on 22 February and not 12 January, when my Plus.net telephone account was incorrectly cancelled. 

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I hope everything works out ok for you but Anoush private message should have explained it to you what he will not say if I'm right

You pay monthly in advance the person you spoke to at PN should have explained this but I think some of the call takers don't know anything that's why people have to  come on here with their problems .There is a big training issue for call takers to advise them what happens you are not the only person to come on here with problems 

If I was a manager ( as I used to be )  and I would listen to the call and give advice where they went wrong 

There are big training issues with PN staff and people are leaving because of it but they aren't bothered because with all the expensive  advertising there are plenty who are joining but don't stay long  

Good luck with John Lewis 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @ElizaT

No problem and apologies for the confusion.

Let me know if you have any further issues and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet