Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP (again)

FIXED
ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

FTTP (again)

So - I've given Plusnet two extra years to get a fibre to the premises option set up but it looks as if this is something that is never going to happen so I'm going to have to go elsewhere in order to get speeds over my current paltry 5-6mbps.

A few questions:

- I was told last year that, as an ex-Freenetname/Madasafish customer I could keep my email/domain hosting with Plusnet for free.  Is this still the case?

- My contract ends around 10 June.  What's the earliest I could transfer to a new supplier at no cost to myself?

- If I were to transfer before that date then how do I calculate how much I would need to pay?  Is it just monthly charge * number of months left or do I have to take my discount into account?

- Would it make any difference if I transferred to BT as they are Plusnet's parent company?

6 REPLIES 6
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: FTTP (again)

Fix

Thank you for your time on the pleasure to talk to you.

As discussed, I've made a note of your account and will be passing them over to our Sales Team who will be giving you a call tomorrow to initiate the upgrade.

Thanks - Adam.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
ciderboy
Rising Star

Many thanks for your assistance Adam.

I look forward to receiving the call 🙂

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ciderboy  I would be interested to know what upgrade Plusnet have offered you, I can't believe it would be FTTP since it isn't a service they provide at this time, apart from existing customers on the trial.🤔

ciderboy
Rising Star

@adam945 I've not had anybody call me yet today.  Are you able to give any indication of when it might be?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ciderboy, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear no one looks to have given you a call as of yet. Could you please confirm if it's re-contracting on the same ADSL product you're wanting to do please? I ask as @RealAleMadrid pointed out unfortunately we're not able to offer FTTP currently and I'm not sure what was discussed on the phone with Adam on Monday. If you're wanting to re-contract then I'll happily put through a request to get an advisor to give you a call and help sort this for you.

Alternatively, our Customer Options Team are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

ciderboy
Rising Star

@BD - I have sent you a PM