cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End date

djwr

End date

My contract ends 10 May. I have the following message, sent by PN 8 March...

"If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice.

Once your current contract ends you’ll need to still give us this notice and during this period charges would continue to apply."

Can I now find a new suppier and let them follow the normal process, starting a new service in about 14 days, without penalty?

It is not clear to me how to end this contract.

The offer for renewal is not as good as a competitor.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: End date

@djwr 

You need to wait until your last month to get a better offer or ring the Customer Optiond Team on 0800 013 2632 to get the best offer. As the message clearly states, if you leave now without ringing in you will be hit with cancellation charges.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
djwr

Thank you for your reply.

I don't want to cancel early because I have a contract and in doing so I would incur extra costs. Following PNs offer it appears as if I could. It is not clear to me.

They write..

If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice.

My question is..Can I give 14 days notice at any time in the next 5 weeks and move elsewhere, without extra charges, even though my end date is 10 May, 5 weeks away?

The email I received was ambiguous, to me.

Thank you.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@djwr 

With respect, that was not your original question, which was:

Can I now find a new suppier and let them follow the normal process, starting a new service in about 14 days, without penalty?

The normal process is that you take out a contract with your new ISP and they handle the takeover of your service by talking to Plusnet. You do not contact Plusnet. This early leaving option is not the normal way of doing a service transfer. I can only suggest that you ring them if you want to go down this path.

To be honest you would be better off leaving it until after the 10th April, by which time you will have made your last payment under the contract (remember you pay a month in advance) and then ring the Customer Options Team and see what you can negotiate. If you decide to leave after this date then any 'cancellation charge' will in fact be a reduction on the rebate that you will be due for the days between the date that you leave and the 10th May, not a bill that you have to pay.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

djwr

Ok, thanks. I guess we don't understand each other. I'll call them.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @djwr, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving, is there anything we can do to make you reconsider? 

I can't actually see an email sent out dated 08/03/2022 on my side, does it say why you're being given the right to leave with no charges? 

Either way, cancellations are a matter for our Customer Options Team to help you with, if you'd like to send me a PM with a suitable contact number, and time, I'll be happy to arrange a call back. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
djwr

Ok thanks, I'll contact you later.

Email 08/03/2022 1415-- It's time for your account review.

Part of content...

Also, once your fixed price contract minimum term ends, your terms and conditions will include price changes for broadband, line rental, call plans and BT Sport services signed up to on or after 9th December 2020.

This means the price for broadband, those services will be increased each March from 2023 by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.9%.

Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. If you have any discounts on your price at the time of the price change, the increase will be applied to this amount. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide for details.

If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice.

Once your current contract ends you’ll need to still give us this notice and during this period charges would continue to apply.

I just wanted to know if this, in bold above, was correct, and that I should call now, give notice and instruct another supplier? Of course I am happy to have a better offer, I don't have any problems with your service, just at these times a reduction in costs are welcome.

Thanks

djwr

Sorry, I forgot. Actually it would be preferable to stay with PN, easier!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to me @djwr, so as far as we're aware, it's an error, and your account review shouldn't say that. If you're looking to stay with us anyway though, it's definitely worth speaking with our Customer Options Team to see what they can offer you. Smiley 

You can call them on their direct number 0800 013 2632, or as mentioned above, I can arrange a call back. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds