cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Fee with Incorrect Contract Details

davidrbingham

Early Termination Fee with Incorrect Contract Details

Hi,

I recently decided to move to another provider that supported FTTP Fill Fibre.

Before I did so I checked my contract details online and it showed that I was out of contract.

I therefore initiated the move to a new provider.

I then received a letter stating that I would be charged an out of contract fee.

I called support to query this, but they stated that I was still in contract until October 2022.

Checking on the forums, it appears that this is an issue with the website currently (see https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Member-centre-incorrect-contract-details/td-p/1862831).

Although I did agree to a new contract at some point, I feel a little aggrieved given that I had checked my account before deciding to switch providers (I would have remained with Plusnet if they had offered FTTP) and it showed that I was out of contract.

Do I have any options here to dispute the early termination fee given the incorrect information presented on the website, or do I have to cut my losses since I did agree to the contract?

Thanks,
David
5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Early Termination Fee with Incorrect Contract Details

@davidrbingham 

If you've gone to BT or EE PlusNet will waive the fee.

Brian

davidrbingham

Thanks for the comment Brian, unfortunately not, it was Zen I jumped over to.

David
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@davidrbingham 

I'm guessing it's too late to cancel the FTTP move during the Cooling Off period.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @davidrbingham

I'm really sorry for the confusion with your contract end date.

From what I can see while I can appreciate the contract end date showing in your member centre is incorrect, as we've e-mailed you to make you aware of the termination fees before the transfer to your new provider, and there's still time for you to review your decision to potentially cancel that order, I'm afraid we wouldn't waive those fees.

As others have said though if you move to BT or EE for FTTP by calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 we'll sign you up with one of them and waive the termination fees for you.

If you've got further queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Alternatively you could just sit tight until Plusnet offer FTTP, widely signposted as being sometime soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.