cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do contract renewals automatically include Hub 2?

FIXED
KA149
Dabbler

Do contract renewals automatically include Hub 2?

I've got a renewal deal through but there is no mention of the Hub 2 in the ordering process. Do I need to go down the "I want to leave" route to have it included, or is it in there as standard?

To note, my renewal price is slightly more than I could get elsewhere but I'm happy to renew as long as I get the new router. I get daily problems with connectivity and unstable connection so I'm hoping a new router would resolve this.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Do contract renewals automatically include Hub 2?

Fix

@KA149 

It is not automatic. Ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013  2632 and ask. No threats to leave will be required. This number is answered quite quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KA149
Dabbler

Thanks. The price had to increase slightly but the service was fast and efficient - worth paying that little bit extra for!
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks for this info. I went onto fibre years ago, when all we got from Plusnet was a basic Openreach Fibre Modem and a Plusnet Technicolor router! I stopped using those after a while and bought a Netgear VDSL modem/router but it frequently refuses to talk to both my and my husband's computers and has to be rebooted (I rarely had any problem with Netgear ADSL routers).
With my contract renewal coming up in the next few months I was looking round at other providers but decided it could be a lot of bother changing (better the devil you know, and all that), so I was thinking of asking if I could get a BT Hub 2. Good to know this should be possible!

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@KA149 wrote:
I get daily problems with connectivity and unstable connection so I'm hoping a new router would resolve this.

I would suggest that a line fault was a more likely culprit.  Have you done any of the usual self help activities?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I rang Customer Options and got the deal as per the email I had from Plusnet, which was slightly cheaper than my existing deal but more than I was paying before the April increase.
I asked after the Hub 2 and have been sent that for P&P of £6.99 with the proviso that I fix (with the obligatory annual increase) for 2 years rather than 18 months, which is fine by me. I am very pleased with the hub! I was a bit busy last week but will now see about setting up one or other of my old routers to communicate with it at the other end of our house, which I've done before.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both