Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending, moving to BT

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Contract ending, moving to BT

I was due to transfer to BT Broadband on Monday 21st, but due to delays with equipment delivery this has been pushed back to 24th. When I phoned customer services they were unaware of the change, and are now unlikely to be notified in time to stop closure of my account.

Is this likely to leave me without a broadband or landline service for the best part of 4 days? I don't suppose any PN staff on the community forum are able to help before Monday either, but I would hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Who said switching suppliers was easy?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Contract ending, moving to BT

Is it a delay by Openreach in doing the transfer or by BT retail in delivering the equipment ?

In the first case I would have thought PN would be notified automatically and your service would continue until transferred.

In the 2nd case, the transfer will happen on the original date and then I would guess you will lose service until BT deliver the kit.

You may be able to reconfigure the PN router with your BT credentials...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maranello
Pro

It's the latter. They are blaming Storm Eunice for delay. My worry is that whilst Openreach will be informed and delay any physical changes needed at the exchange end, Plusnet will close my account and my router login credentials will no longer be applicable. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @maranello 

Just had a quick look.

I can see BT's order has been delayed to the 24th February, so we shouldn't be closing your account until then. 

Let me know though if you do have any issues and I'll be happy to see what I can do from our side. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@Gandalf 

Thank you Anoush, that is such a relief. I've had a trying day and it feels good to end it with some good news.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@maranello

No problem at all! I hope today's better for you. Smiley 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet