cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract confusion

Bradders20

Contract confusion

Hi.
My account days my my contract finished in Oct 2019 but I know I renewed a new deal over a year ago and am still in in. Is it possible they've made an error? Very confused
8 REPLIES 8
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Contract confusion

This is a problem with the introduction of the new members front page. In my case it say that me account finished in 2019 but I am an a fixed rate contract for 2 years which is not due to expire until August this year.

I am hoping that it will be rectified soon and will be watching my next bill very closely which is  due on the 6th May.

Yet another of the large number of foul ups in Plusnet's efforts to  update an archaic software system.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@agedgopher 

Which could well be the reason PlusNet FTTP is taking so long to appear - they need to get the system working first.

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Bradders20 

There is evidence that the display of the details being right or wrong is predicated on the browser in use - which one are you using?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Townman wrote:

There is evidence that the display of the details being right or wrong is predicated on the browser in use

I find this intriguing - just how does the browser affect the data sent by the web server?

From experience I've always found that implementing browser specific behaviour in a server is harder than you might think - and that's when it is intentional.

In any case I see the issue with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers (for both Windows and Linux for the first two). 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

That is a good question and I agree entirely.

The SUs were discussing some oddities in the user portal.  I was seeing things differently to one of the others, so I investigated further.

I then realised that I was seeing things differently from time to time ... then on looking in more detail, I realised that the differences I was seeing was related to which computer I was using - my old Win10 from which I was migrating stuff or the new Win11 one, the two of which I was flipping back and forth between (both on a KVM switch) and in and out of the forum / portal with no cognisance of which machine I was on.

Further research showed different results on the Win10 platform using MS Edge and Chrome.  Chrome on Win10 and MS Edge on Win11 showed the same results.  Subsequently MS Edge on Win10 delivered the same style / content.

Its a mystery!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

From the one Plusnet broadband account I still have it appears the date and month are probably correct (other reports suggest that too).  It is the year which is wrong.

At a guess I'd say the year field isn't being populated from the database correctly. The year displayed is either a default value, or possibly a value left behind by a previous operation (is isn't uncommon for a thread to serve a number of requests during its lifetime).

It is the sort of problem that should have been spotted by a half decent test procedure.

If it is an uninitialised field, then it should be an hour or so to fix and test it.

I don't know who is responsible for the software, but they wouldn't last long in any company I've worked for.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

I have checked my account today and the contract details have now been corrected. All is back to normal.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I guess my estimate was about correct - it did only take an hour or so to fix... (eventually!)