cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Jezza31
Hooked

Cancellation

Cancelled my Plusnet account on the 25th of March and accepted I had a few extra days to pay as this didn't tie in with the contract month - HOWEVER Plusnet are trying to take another months payment from my account as if I'm still contracted to them - cancelled my Direct Debit.

Any one else had this problem and if so how did they resolve it? I presume I can report them to Oftel or is that for landlines only?

Regards

Jerrez31

15 REPLIES 15
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Cancellation

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile Tech Help to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @Jezza31 

To whom did you move to, or was it an outright service termination?

There have been a few instances where the new provider has not cleanly completed the service transfer processes, or such has not been passed over to Plusnet by BT Openreach / Wholesale.

Billing ends on not just transfer away, but on notification that the transfer has completed.  Sometimes the B2B processes from BT go wrong, especially where the existing telephone number is not transferred to the new provider.  Cancelling the direct debit will complicate the refund process.

EDIT: On re-reading I see that this topic came from mobile tech help.  If this relates to a mobile phone service, I'm wondering if this issue is mixed up in the current number porting difficulties?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jezza31
Hooked

My sister purchased a new phone and contract for my mum so it was an outright termination on the 25th March 30 days notice no cancellation charge. Plusnet took the next months money on the 1st April and I was OK with that but left far less impressed when they tried to take money for May. Cancelled Direct Debit and tried talking to their service desk. I may have bene unlucky and the line died or I may have been cut off but the person I spoke to just didn't get the message and I wasn't being rude just inquisitive.

Won't be recommending them I'm afraid though.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jeza31, I'm really sorry that we tried to bill you after you cancelled with us and for the difficulties you've had getting it put right. I can sort this out for you so please feel free to send me private message including your full name and the mobile number in question. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jezza31
Hooked

Adam I've cancelled the Direct debit so no further deductions can be made but if you have a weakness in the cancellation / billing process and how they are linked you may want to investigate to prevent others from being affected. I'll send you a PM so you can make sure my account has been cancelled, thanks

Kind regards

Jeremy Instone

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot Jeremy and I'll look out for that coming through.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jezza31
Hooked

Can't seem to PM you. Tried messages and it says I don't have sufficient privileges.

Would prefer to ensure the account has been cancelled so I am not regarded as a delinquent payer. Any other means of contact? Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Try clicking on my name to view my profile, you should then see a grey "send message" button appear on the right.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Jezza31 wrote:

Can't seem to PM you. Tried messages and it says I don't have sufficient privileges.

Would prefer to ensure the account has been cancelled so I am not regarded as a delinquent payer. Any other means of contact? Thanks

There is a threshold on new members sending PMs.  I thought it was two posts, so after your third you should be able to send a PM.  Are you able to do so now?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jezza31
Hooked

Sent you a LinkedIn request, no need to accept but the message has the detials you were after.

Regards

Jezza31

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hiya, we can't help you via LinkedIn I'm afraid but could you try PM'ing me from here > https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/45633

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jezza31
Hooked

The private messaging doesn't work as I'm told I don't have sufficient access. I advised Adam that I would send him a LinkedIn connection request which he did not have to accept but the invite message would contain my details and and phone number

I'm going off Plusnet more and more by the minute I'm afraid

Regards

Jeremy

Jezza31
Hooked

No I couldn't I'm afraid

Jezza31
Hooked

Adam,

Name Jeremy Instone

Phone Number   [Removed]

Please can you ensure my account has been cancelled as I don't want to appear as a Creditor to Plusnet and get any bad credit rating. Please can you ensure it was cancelled 30 days after the 25th March 2022 when I phoned in and cancelled. If cancelled is effective from the the first full month after giving notice that is also fine as I paid in full for April.

Please can you delete this message when you have an opportunity.

I look forward to your response

Kind regards

Jeremy Instone

Moderators Note: Personal information removed