cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

werdina

Cancellation

I have been trying to cancel my account for the past three days. I was on hold between 20-30 mins on each call. Can I just please send an email as this is not only a waste of my time, it is also a waste of my money. Why does plusnet have to make cancellation so difficult.  Cry
Can I just cancel my direct debit?
3 REPLIES 3
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Cancellation

Hi,werdina
Welcome to the forum
There are two ways you can cancel phone and by post.
Kind Regards
Mike
Quote from: http
A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways:
By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is by calling our Customer Options Team on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197. For opening hours, please check our Contact us page. Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a call is made to our Customer Options Team.
By post to: Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Were you ringing the specific cancellations numbers or the general support number?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mav
Fixes: 514

Quote from: werdina
Can I just cancel my direct debit?

That's not a good idea as it can been seen as a breach of contract if there's any outstanding payments to be made. Debt collectors could be called in and your credit rating may be affected.
Also, the DD details would be used if you were due a refund.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still