Did you mean: 

Cancellation will cause overdraft fees

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Cancellation will cause overdraft fees

Hi @SInanju_LFS,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I just want to reassure you that, even if your account is cancelled, your details won't be immediately purged from the system and will remain available for our agents to see should you contact us regarding the account. Any services that are charged but ultimately not provided due to an account cancellation will be refunded automatically, or applied to the final invoice as a credit against the total amount once that's generated. If for whatever reason this doesn't happen, or you wish to dispute a final invoice, both our Support Team and staff here on the forums would be more than happy to help out with any queries you may have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If you scroll down towards the bottom of that page I can see 12 occurrences "new Plusnet customers"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SInanju_LFS
Dabbler

Well mr Superuser, I went online again, and just in case, I searched using CTRL F for the word "new".

I got 2 hits.

new in "renew" (near top)

and

new as in "Not with us yet? Find our best deals for new customers" (just under top purple banner)

That's 2 - not 12.

And not once was there "new Plusnet customers".

And if you want to see what I see, then this time I did go to the effort of making am image of whole page ...

Online webpage 17 Sept 2021 approx 17:30hrsOnline webpage 17 Sept 2021 approx 17:30hrs

It's probably too small to read some of the text, but it shows the page I landed on.

Maybe cause I don't live in Yorkshire, I get different page.

Regardless, the other pages where I've made screenies were all exactly the same.  NOWHERE did they mention new users.

And by the way; what [-Censored-] difference does it make what the site says?

My complaint is "Cancellation will cause overdraft fees".

The rest of it is to do with why I cancelled, and the fact that even though I've cancelled, fees will still be deducted from my account even though I will no longer be using the service.  Just in case I might uncancel.

I think reading my posts you can see the very high likelihood of that NOT happening.  Which I've said both in phone calls (plural) and here.

If you've anything to say about my actual post complaint; then great.

Anything about what I can see and have seen, or can't see on the plusnet webpage, keep to yourself, as I find your post just as condescending as the plusnet moderators.

And by the by; I've been a plusnet customer longer than you've been registered on this forum, so longevity doesn't give you any more rights or insights than me.

Finally.

You have a pink button in your post that states ...

"Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community."

I'm an existing customer, who can see is paying over the odds compared to new customers.  Why don't I get same rights

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for your response @SInanju_LFS

Though the issues that you have raised on here have been addressed correctly, both by the Plusnet Help team and other Community Members, I've raised a complaint on your account given the dissatisfaction shown here. I did try to call you this evening but did not get through.

Please check out the open Ticket and respond via your online Member Centre / SMS

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@SInanju_LFS wrote:

So much for doing me proud.  I cancelled my account, which will end before Oct.

Just been sent a bill.  Includes rental charges, etc. for Oct.

Phoned up.  Charges confirmed.  But, i'm advised, they will be refunded.  What?

They've known almost 2 months about the cancellation.  A company this size can't work out what I owe, and only charge that.

Well, because I cancelled, and wasn't expecting further charges past end date of contract, I've paid other outstanding bills, which will leave me few pennies before my next expected Universal Credit payment on 20th Oct.

Not for me to comment on PN policy re: new customer only deals - its one reason I moved to pastures new.

But if your current contract finishes in October why did you bother cancelling? Its not as if the early termination charges are hidden. I suspect you'd only be charged the extra month or so to run anyway. Either way, you'd still have to pay something towards the end of your current contract date.

If you think the charges shouldn't have been taken and you pay by direct debit. Contact your bank. There shouldn't be any bank charges imposed when DD payments are taken in error.

When changing ISP (and you are out of contract and using an OR phone line) there isn't any point contacting your present ISP, as it is all led by your new ISP. They do all the work for you including arranging the changeover date. My one and only involvement with PN on moving, was to receive a 'sorry your leaving us' letter. FWIW, when I left PN, my final bill was ..... 61pence. Now that did do me proud.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
SInanju_LFS
Dabbler

If you don't cancel, then plusnet will keep taking money out of your account, but instead of the amount I'm currently paying (£29.99), I pay the far more expensive 'out of contract price', which has already gone up a £1 since I cancelled.

Plusnet out of contract.png

I've transferred between utility providers before.  They don't always go smoothly, and more than once I've been paying 2 providers at same time for few months before things are sorted out.  Then I could afford it.  Didn't like it, but I managed.  But now, especially with my Universal Credit about to drop by £80 to £324, and with gas & electric going way up, I can barely afford what I'm paying, never mind paying twice, and hoping that there are no blips in getting a refund.

I'm sure someone will tell me I should get a job.  I live in a town that probably has the 2nd biggest shopping mall in Scotland.  Now that M&S, Debenhams, and lots and lots of others have shuttered, getting a job is problematic just now.

SInanju_LFS
Dabbler

Well it's taken bit longer than I thought to get new Broadband provider, but all working now.  And I'm paying almost half of the out of contract price quoted by Plusnet.

To get round my issue with going into overdraft by Plusnet deducting fees I wasn't due, I decided to just cancel my direct debit.

This stopped the fee being collected, and now I await a paper bill sometime in the near future for the correct amount, which will be paid.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @SInanju_LFS

Thanks for letitng us know. As per my previous responses, we bill you for 30 days of service in advance. In regards to the pro rata refund that you may see on your final bill, we'll send you an email to confirm some bank details in order for the refund to be sent through.

If your final bill does include early termination fees, you'll have 14 days to pay them off before the account is sent to our 3rd party debt collection agency.

All the best with your new provider.

Adam
SInanju_LFS
Dabbler

Hmmmmm.

"...we'll send you an email..."

My account is closed (after the 18 month term I originally signed up for came to an end, and I cancelled to make sure it didn't pass that date), so therefore I have no access to my old PlusNet email or account details.

Worse, because I have no access to my old account, and therefore any chance of seeing and paying my outstanding bill that you are going to send there, I could then face my credit score being hit AND being added to some sort of credit blacklist.

Any reason why you can't just send me an itemised bill in the post first?

One that I can then take to a bank or post office and just pay?

And if I've been paying for service in advance, it could be that you owe me money.

If I've been paying for my service, without issue, from same bank account for 18 months, why do you need to confirm these same bank details?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @SInanju_LFS,

Just to clarify, you should still be able to login to your Plusnet account via the Member Centre for some time, even if the service has been recently cancelled. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
SInanju_LFS
Dabbler

Yeah, and it makes no sense to me, and even if it did, there doesn't seem any way to actually pay it.

In which case, I'll wait for something in the post, either from yourselves or a credit agency.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning @SInanju_LFS

As per the email sent to you on Wednesday, the only way to pay your outstanding amount on the account is by phone.

You can phone our Payments Team on 0800 077 8488 between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday.

Adam