Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Renewal

FIXED
PaulP
Hooked
Fixes: 2

Broadband Renewal

My Unlimited Fibre Broadband contract is coming to an end next month and I want to renew it.  Does Plusnet still do fixed price deals with their broadband, or do I have no choice but to put up with the 'CPI plus 3.9%' annual increase?  I have seen cheaper Broadband and Phone deals, but I would prefer to stay with Plusnet.  I have phoned Plusnet on two occcasions, but have got nowhere.  Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband Renewal

@PaulP  Welcome to the forum.

I’m afraid that all contracts include the CPI plus 3.9% clause.

However if you see a cheaper deal it’s worth ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and asking if they will match it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

PaulP
Hooked

Hi Baldrick1 - and thank you for your quick reply.

It's a great shame to see how Plusnet has changed over the years.  The cheaper deal (Hyperoptic Broadband) guarantees no price rises for the duration of the contract.  I'll give the Customer Options Team a call and see if they will match the deal.  Thanks again.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@PaulP  I thought Hyperoptic only sold Full Fibre (FTTP) services usually to blocks of flats, if it is available to you it's unlikely that Plusnet can match their prices, but worth asking.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to see we haven't been able to offer you a deal you'd want.

If you can PM me your phone number and a rough time frame when you'll be available for a call, I'll be happy to ask one of my colleagues in our Customer Options Team to ring you back to see if there's absolutely anything better we can offer. 

I can't promise a call this weekend but can definitely next week. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulP
Hooked

Hello @RealAleMadrid, and thank you for your reply.  Hyperoptic have just reduced the price of their 24 month 'Broadband and Phone' deal to £19.99/month, so it's looking a lot cheaper than my current deal with Plusnet.  I don't think they'll be able to match Hyperoptic's prices, but I'll see what offers Plusnet can give me.

PaulP
Hooked

Thank you @Gandalf.  I'll PM you my phone number, and hopefully Plusnet will be able to help me.

Baldrick1

@PaulP 

Presumably you have checked and Hyperoptic can supply a service in your street?

Moderator and Customer

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@PaulP wrote:

Thank you @Gandalf.  I'll PM you my phone number, and hopefully Plusnet will be able to help me.

Thanks Paul. I've passed it across to my colleagues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulP
Hooked

Hello @Baldrick1 

Hyperoptic have installed broadband in our area and a few local properties have registered interest.  I've sent an email to their customer support, and they should be getting back to me today.

Baldrick1

@PaulP 

I suspect that there’s a significant difference between registering an interest and there being an available working service. Very often a company will see how many are interested before committing to installing the infrastructure. After that it can take a while for the service to be active.

It will.be interesting to hear what Hyperoptic have to say.

Moderator and Customer

PaulP
Hooked

Fix

Hi everyone,

I've had a call from James (from Plusnet Customer Options Team), and it went very well.  He was very helpful, and made me a very good offer - which I am very happy with - and I have accepted a new 24-month contract.  Many thanks to @Gandalf , @Baldrick1  and @RealAleMadrid for all your help.  It is a big relief to get this sorted out, and I am a very happy customer.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Paul,

Awesome, I'm really glad to see that! 

No problem at all, we're happy to help in any way we can. 

If there's ever anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to us. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet