Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

FIXED
chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Billing

Hey all,
First time posting. I'm a bit stuck and unsure how to proceed. It's 99% my fault, I'll hold my hands up to this.
My bill is overdue and I received an email to this effect so I clicked the link to go on my billing area. There was an option to temporarily remove the restrictions for 14 days which I clicked on. This was 48 hours ago however websites are blocked with the below message.

I am in a position to pay my full balance on 08/04/2022 as this is my next payday, so what week today essentially.

I believed I would be fine as it said i had 14 days to make a payment and I believed the 14 days began 48 hours ago when I removed the restrictions.

I am working from home as it is still the current advice where I live and I am currently isolating also as i am covid positive, so HBB is essential to me and I will not be able to work today until it comes back online.

I used the last of my credit trying to ring Plusnet to be hung up on after receiving an automated reply that my number is not recognised.

I am slightly at my wits end on how to contact or be contacted by Plusnet.

I receive an error message when I try to access the link even within the Plusnet email itself.

I am slightly at my wits end and any help would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Re: Billing

Hey. I just wanted to post an update. I used a VPN to access my account on the plusnet website and the option to remove the restrictions was there again and I've click on it and am online once again.
It says I've now 11 days to pay my bill before they are restricted again.
This was the message it displayed last time I did this, is it possible my IP address changed and that is why the block reactivated and the message appeared again?

Thanks
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good afternoon @chrisgllovell

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, I don't want to go into specifics when it comes to billing in the public domain, so I've just sent you an email providing you with some clarity on what's going on with the account, and what needs to happen going forward. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the reply, I've just realised I replied to the email rather than on here 😂

The issue has happened again and I cannot access sites meaning this evening I won't even be able to login and pay my bill.

In your email it was stated I had until the 10/04/22 to make the payment however it is now only the 07/04/22 and seemingly I have been restricted again and cannot access even my own Plusnet account online.

Any help again would be very much appreciated
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hey there, thanks a lot for getting in touch again and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your browsing. Due to an ongoing system issue of ours, you won't be able to access the Member Centre via WIFI while the account is in failed billing, but there does not look to be any restrictions on the account when it comes to third party sites. 

What type of error message are you seeing when trying to access third party sites? 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Hey Adam,
It seems if you've missed your payment date you must login to your account online every 3 days or so and click on the pop-up message to remove restrictions.
After 3 or 4 days it will require you to acknowledge this again.

The only issue I would raise about this is, when the restrictions kick in again you're unable to access your online account without using a VPN, maybe this is something that needs looking into.

But thanks Adam for all your help, it's appreciated