cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing problem -- last resort!

nickwight

Billing problem -- last resort!

I have joined this forum because I understand that it is monitored by Plusnet staff and having tried all other ways to resolve this problem this is my last resort. I have no inclination to explain the history behind this once again, as that's been done over and over, with no success. Will someone from Plusnet please take a look at "Internal" Ticket ID: 208782576 and finally resolve this issue by properly closing our account. As you will see "Connor" did try, but we are still receiving demands for payment and threats of the use of some sort of debt recovery service!

Nick Wight.

4 REPLIES 4
nickwight

Re: Billing problem -- last resort!

Well, that's disappointing -- no response at all. Plusnet's threats to restrict our service, or close our account are of little concern as we have had no service since last November when we moved from the address where they provided the service to. We have cancelled the direct debit and so they are not taking any money that they should not. However, the threats to place what they see an outstanding debt in the hands of some collection agency are a concern, as our credit record might be adversely effected. Although at 65 perhaps that's nothing to worry about!

All that we can do now is to write to Plusnet complaints with a record of what has happened, copy that to OFCOM, in the hope that at least the whole situation is officially on record somewhere.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @nickwight

I am ever so sorry to see that you've gotten in touch in the form of a complaint, I've logged it all on your account for you here and expectations of what I'll be doing moving forward to resolve this issue for you as soon as possible.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
nickwight

Well, that got a response -- in fact 3 responses - which has left me a little confused?

1/. I have an e-mail from the Plusnet Team telling me that they are sorry that we want to cancel our service, pleading with us to stay, etc, etc. That all happened last  October/November!!!! This mess has come about because Plusnet did not in November 2020 close the account down properly!!

2/. I have a promising e-mail from Noor Salih and they are possibly on-the-case and will perhaps finally sort this out.

3/. I have a response from "tinytaco" -- and I've just spotted that this in fact Noor -- so perhaps not now so confusing.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @nickwight

Just ignore the cancellation email please, it is done automatically when a cancellation is being actioned on any account. Just follow my email (Yes I am Noor) and it'll all be closed down and amended for you in the timescales advised.

I hope that clears everything up! Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team