But now my broadband is active its changed to show the following

Unlimited Fibre inc. Line rental
£26.54
(after contract ends £41.75)
Line Only
£0.00
Monthly total
£26.54

Can someone explain why this has gone up from what I signed up for?

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Billing Query

There is a yearly inflation +3% rise - it will be that
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrmoss
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, 

what I dont understand is that why tell me its going to be one price knowing its not going to be that price?

Plus 3% increase is only up to £23.68

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

The increase is CPI +3.9% which this year means 9.3% total as the relevant CPI index figure was 5.4% in January.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

There is another twist here...

The undiscounted price was £38.20 and with the 9.3% uplift will be £41.75

However, the undiscounted price was £22.99 and with the 9.3% uplift should be £25.13 but is reported to be £26.54

There is a known problem in respect of discounts, which is being worked on.  At the time of sign-up the discount was £15.21 - this should have been adjusted to £16.62.

As for the sign-up price and the billing price, if you signed up before the 31st March, then that was the price on the date of sign-up and would have been the amount you paid then in advance.  The price changes are clearly advised during the sign-up process.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrmoss
Hooked

@Townman 

Thank you for the information, very useful 

but still doesnt answer the question of why not be clearer in the payment information on sign up, because in laymans terms reading the info I recieved, to me reads as the full contract

• Between months 2-18: £22.99

• From month 19 onwards: £38.20

But hey ho, such is life and it looks like I should have got me deal a month later 

This transfer to Plusnet has not been a great one, and wished I hadnt bothered, but I FINALLY have active broadband now so hopefully the experience from here will be less stressful

KrystalN

Do you know if they will be recalculating and providing refunds? Even with the CPI plus 3% increase making the overall increase 9.3% my bill has gone up more than that which isnt on.  Mine is approx a 15% increase.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Plusnet will no doubt sort out the known issue with the miscalculation of discounts following the price increase.

You also have to remember that the first bill after 31 March will not be a typical monthly bill.  As well as accounting for the increased monthly prices for the forthcoming billing period, it will include a recalculation of the prices for the period from 31 March until the bill date in April as these will have been billed at the old rates in the March bill. Depending on your billing date this could be quite a substantial increase on its own - e.g. if your billing date is 15 April that adjustment will be about equal to a half month increase on its own.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@KrystalN  Welcome to the forum.

The increase applied from the 31st March. What is also happening this month is that as well as the increase being applied for the next month there is an additional back charge for the period between the 31st March and your April billing date. Reference to the detailed breakdown on your bill might clarify this.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'